Belize area for a vacation stay - where to rent?

Hello all newbies!
My name is Teresa and my husband's name is Jerome.  He is not 100 percent behind this idea, I am.  He will get on board eventually.

I am also researching the Belize area for a vacation stay in winter 2016.  I know that we would like to be close to activity and shopping.  We are looking to rent a home for one month but have no idea which area of Belize would suit us.  I am very active and want to learn scuba and SUP. I am a regular road cyclist and teach classes at my YMCA.   I would love to also learn about local farmers markets and some culinary classes of local favorite meals.

Greetings Teresa and Jerome. First of all all of the towns have farmers markets. I am in Corozal  which is north end of Belize. If you want to scuba dive the best is on Ambergris Cayes and Placencia. Short trip to the reef but a tad expensive as opposed to other areas but great diving. I think one month will give you an idea on what to expect and what not to expect. Culinary classes I can not help you on as I am a retired chef and find ways to cook for myself with what they have at the open markets. Hope this helps.
Steve

Hello Teresa and Jerome

Welcome to Expat.com!

Please note that a new thread has been created on the Belize forum to ease your interactions with the members regarding your query ;)

Good luck with everything :top:

Cheers

Mishna