Seeking an economical single bedroom apartment

Hello Everyone,

i am moving to Tunis from 2nd May and would like to seek help in renting an economical single bedroom apartment in tunis.

please suggest the areas i should be looking at keeping in mind the overall neighborhood and facilities  (Taxi/Bus/Restaurant/cafes/leisure)

thank you

You may find it most difiicult. "Agencies" will rip you off. You are better served finding an ex-pat to help you. If you are coming here with a "company" then there should be no problem as they settle you. But other wise the land lords will be quite a rip-off and quite eratic. If you speak French you will have little problem. Tunis, and it's ex-pat' apartments, are quite a rip off for "Europeans" a.k.a white people. That is, they can be beautiful in awful neighborhoods. You would be better off living someplace like La Marsa and comuting.. Tunisians are into making as much money off of Occidentals as possible, even though the Koran says "No."

Hello Masreh & welcome to Expat.com!

Please note that I have created a new thread on the Tunis forum for optimum visibility!

I would advise you to browse through Housing in Tunis for your house hunt where you can as well post an ad with your specifications ;)

Good luck :top:

Mishna