Real Estate Lawyer

Anyone recommend a Vietnames Lawyer who can deal with a an over due real estate project? Purchased an apartment about 2 years ago and the apartment is now late in turning over, and now seems has to stalled and is way past there turn over date. Want to know if there is any legal action to be taken against them in being able to claim back for the money paid for the apartment, and damages and if any lawyer has had any success in this. Would recommend any recommendations.

thanks
Mike

Read your contract to see what is in it first..If its a SOE,it will be more difficult.

hi Mike,

I am a real estate lawyer. I can help you with legal issues on real estate business in a cost-effective way. In order to help you, we need to meet and discuss what is going with your matter.

However, according to your facts, we have to look at the purchase contract first in order to determine what remedies you can ask for. Aside from the purchase contract, the law of contract allows you to seek for compensation and damages if Seller fails to perform its contractual obligations. Damages must be actual and directly connected to contractual non-performance. If Buyer refuses to pay for damages, you has to bring the case against Buyer in court. However, before taking any legal actions, you need to negotiate with Buyer first and see whether Buyer agree to pay damages. Hope it would help.

Best regards,

Rudy Bui

hi Mike,

I correct the last sentence, it would be Seller, not Buyer: "If Seller refuses to pay for damages, you has to bring the case against Seller in court. However, before taking any legal actions, you need to negotiate with Seller first and see whether Seller agree to pay damages"

If you need to discuss further, feel free to contact me.

Rudy Bui

Mike, wonder why you run into that problems as you are foreigner and high chance you could not buy an apartment now...Check out for help from lawyers in Vietnam.  Cheers,  Jenny

Hello,

We have just bought an apartment from a resale owner, the contract will be in Vietnamese, do we needs to have a lawyer to check the contract for us as we are not from Vietnam.

Thanks in advance!

Guestposter08 wrote:

Hello,

We have just bought an apartment from a resale owner, the contract will be in Vietnamese, do we needs to have a lawyer to check the contract for us as we are not from Vietnam.

Thanks in advance!

I would, and not a lawyer that is reccomended by the seller.

You need to have the seller provide a contract interpreted into you language by a certified government translator and not just take the word of your attorney. These people protect their own much of the time. They can screw you in a heartbeat and you have little recourse even under the law. The law works for the one who pays the most lobbying money.

What is "SOE"? Can you be more specific?

eileengu wrote:

You should use the quote tab, it makes things easier.

SOE...State Owned Enterprises. The clowns that run these are all about lining pockets....theirs.

colinoscapee wrote:
eileengu wrote:

SOE...State Owned Enterprises. The clowns that run these are all about lining pockets....theirs.

Got it... So you mean the SOE is less reliable?

eileengu wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
eileengu wrote:

Got it... So you mean the SOE is less reliable?

Put it this way.

My ex-gf bought in a government owned and built building. The workmanship was deplorable. The manager of the site was jailed for corruption, nuff said.

Thanks for your advice.

Hi saw the thread and just wondering whether you have managed to find a good lawyer? We are also buying a resale property so would definitely be helpful to have someone who is in the know.

hi rudy, can you PM me your phone number so I can call you to consult on a real estate project in binh chanh. thanks. Phong