Russian FRESH Sausage?

Здравствуйте!

If any Russian is on this forum (I know they are numerous in Vietnam), could he/she tell me if there is such a thing as a traditional Russian FRESH Sausage recipe (FRESH, not smoked or dried). I have been checking on Google for weeks, but if there is such recipes, it could very well be in Russian on a Russian blog. Here is the only thing I found, and it doesn't seem to be the ONE yet:

The Russian Fruit Sausage Recipe:

(Quote): We will not Swear in a Court of Law that this is a genuine Russian sausage recipe. Most Russian sausages, like sausages from the rest of Eastern Europe, are dry, bland, too fatty and as chewy as chicle. These sausages, however, are made with Genuine Russian Pomegranate Molasses, which is actually the only thing Russian about them, so they are about as genuine as Godfather's Deep Dish Pizza is Neapolitan, or as Chow Mein is Chinese. But regardless of their provenance, they have a fine flavor and are worthy of inclusion in the pantheon of SausageMania's recipes. This sausage is quite eclectic, in fact, drawing on Russian, Mexican, Chinese and Southeast Asian ingredients, so it may be considered a Trans-National Sausage, rather like Soccer is a Trans-National sport. Pomegranate molasses may be found in Russian or "European" groceries in most major US cities, though you might be hard-pressed to find it in Des Moines. (Unquote)

Here is the recipe:
• Ground pork: 1 lb.
• Coarse salt: 1/2 tablespoon
• Diced onions: 5 tablespoons
• Ground cayenne: 1/4 teaspoon
• Ground cinnamon: 1/8 teaspoon
• Ground cloves: 1/8 teaspoon
• Powdered thyme: 1/3 teaspoon
• Ground bay leaf: 3 leaves
• Crushed garlic cloves: 1
• Chopped parsley: 1 tablespoon
• Crushed garlic cloves: 1-1/2

But… no fruit!!!

Can a Russian tell me if this quote is true, where are the fruits (and which are they), and if Pomegranate can be found in Nha Trang.

Try to get into the COSMOS restaurant in Hung Voung Street (tourist mile), they are russians (no warranty if real russians or maybe ukrainien/else). They sometimes have sausages on their menu, one kind was quite fatty another time, they where somehow very different.
They might be able to advise you or at least they something/someone.

hi there, Rus never made sausages for sale but just as a homemade family food in the countryside, where pigs are available to be killed. You should look for recipe of Georgian /kupaty/ or Ukraine /kolbasa/ sausages. We used to purchased it in our markets in Rus. Probably everything is correct in your recipe list but I did not find anything about guts??? You have to bay 500grms of fresh guts from the market and cut and clean it with fish sauce and vinegar or do You prefer dry material? It is not as tasty and thick to chew and enjoy the taste of a real local porky. For better quality mix pork ground and beef chopped / 20%/ and some fat with paprika, garlic, even some potato, aroma herbs. The onion makes no sense as it makes all staff soft. Than while cooking in 2 steps, with a some water 7-8 min and after fry in vegetable oil until it brown. Serve a sausage with tomato hot spicy sauce and 100 grs of / recommended/ Vodka before first piece come into your "hungry frankenstein"

Thanks CaptainVal,

After I posted this question, I continued my search and found out I was given the wrong information. Here is the Russian Fruit Sausage Recipe:

• Ground pork: 1 lb.
• Coarse salt: 1/2 tablespoon
• Garlic: 1 clove
Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped: 2 tsp
• Ground Sichuan Pepper: 1/3 teaspoon
• Ground Chipotle Pepper: 1/3 teaspoon
Pomegranate Molasses: 2 teaspoons
• Fish Sauce: 2 drops
White Raisins: 3-1/4 tbsp
• Reduced Apple Cider: 2 tbsp
Dried Apricots, chopped: 3-1/4 tbsp

So, the fruits are sun-dry tomatoes (not exactly, but could be), raisins, apricot and the Pomegranate Molasses.

Could you tell me if there is a place in Nha Trang (or Saigon, where I go every three months) where I could buy this Molasses. If not, I thing it is easy to do since the fruit is available here at the market.

Yes of course I use fresh natural casing (pig guts) that I'm buying in Saigon from a food company. The dry material you refer to is collagen. I won't use that stuff.

And thanks, I also found this: https://www.google.com/search?rls=aso&a … %20sausage

I am very well equipped to make sausages. My next one (in three weeks) will be this Russian one! I now need to adapt to what we find locally at the market, but this Russian molasses would be a plus.

I don't quite understand: "The onion makes no sense as it makes all staff soft". I know a lot of recipes that uses onions, like this one: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/34001/ho … sages.aspx

It could be wrong since you seem to know a lot about this subject. Please, let me know…

For the cooking: I vacuum seal the sausages (1/2 kg) in a good plastic bag, in order to be able first to let them simmer in their bag "low n' slow" in a pot of water. They cook in their own juice. After, I open the bag and I fried them in a pan, again "low n' slow". It is important after to let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.

For this next  "Russian Fruit Sausage", I will definitely get a good bottle of Russian Vodka! I will make more than 1 kg, maybe 6-8. If you dare to try, let me know.

There is NO SAUSAGE IN RUSSIA…!?!?

Check how they do make sausage in Russia…

Check this: http://englishrussia.com/2012/12/23/how … in-moscow/

If you are looking for recipe of russian sausage you need use yandex.ru instead google.com. After this you need write "рецепт русской колбасы" instead "recipe of russian sausage".  Also you can check this links with some "recipe of russian sausage" smotretvideo.com/kolbasa/9305-kak-delat-domashnyuyu-russkuyu-kolbasu-po-gostu.html (video), povarenok.ru/recipes/dishes/other/?searchid=528 (more then 100 different recipe of russian sausage)

Thanks Master_a, but since we are suspected of espionage, could you PM me directly those links. Thanks.

Ok! I got the "sausage links" now. Thanks.