Coming to Nairobi with my baby daughter and wife

Hi,
  We will be coming to Nairobi next week. I will be coming on a  special business pass and after that apply for my work permit. My wife and 6 month old baby daughter will be accompanied by me. I hope they will get their tourist visas from the airport or is there a separate provision for my daughter as she is 6 months old.

hi
i am made aware that your wife and kid will be given alien ids to help them live in the country. i aint sure but try that one

If you will be working in Kenya, then your wife and daughter should be eligible for Dependants Passes.  Make sure you also get a re-entry stamp, otherwise you will have to reapply if they leave the country, then return.

Does your baby have her own passport?

Yes she does

Hi - Normally your employer would arrange necessary dependents passes for you - is that not the case?  Once you have your work/resident permit, it is pretty straightfoward to have resident permits issued for your spouse and wife.  On the pther hand, are you arranging your own work permit?

The employer is doing that so it has been settled. Thank you so much ;)

you will get a visit visa on arrival at Nairobi airport. don't  mention that you are coming for employment. you need to ask for a visit visa. in any African country which is under UN treaty visa should be provided on Arrival if the tourist is having a valid return ticket. in fact in the Mumbai airport they will check the same at first.

you can extent the visa upto 6 months. but ask for special pass from the employer at first. else local kenyans can pass information to immigration department and they will come and take you to the airport to send you back.

never talk about your permit status with Kenyans. Nairobi is slightly dangerous with criminals and you can easily cought-up by locals.

my suggestion is first you come along and settle for a week or month then bring the family. many people may not able to settle in Africa due to its differ culture. but once you can settle, you will enjoy the same here.

weather in nairobi is cool and bring some winter clothing also.
you need to pay $ 50 /- per person for single entry.

this is very lengthy process. once you get work permit only your family is eligible for dependant pass and then only you can apply the align cards.