Changing child name in birth certificate

My son is 6mths. I got the birth certificate from the hospital with only his first name written. I got the birth certificate from ehwaal madini with the same first name and thought it would be complete in the nicop but then got nicop and passport we're made with only the first name no last name as well. My consulate told me that i need to get the name changed on the birth certificate.
Can someone tell me what is the process to get the name changed in the birth certificate?

in Arab countries they use only first name & if you ask them at the time of issuing the birth certificate they may add 2nd name, now you may try but looks difficult, why one 1st name is not enough ? as on his / her Iqamma 1st name of baby , 2nd name of his father like, Tabish Mohammed ,,,,,

Thats what I have done, the form which we suppose to attached with all the required documents.
I put the full name there, but they simply ignored it .
I did not get any problem while applying for passport and Iqama, jawazat and consulate have issued without complaining, why the last name is not there.
But I don't know may be it will create problem if I apply for US or europe visa, as they always give preference to the Last name.

Tabish_m wrote:

My son is 6mths. I got the birth certificate from the hospital with only his first name written. I got the birth certificate from ehwaal madini with the same first name and thought it would be complete in the nicop but then got nicop and passport we're made with only the first name no last name as well. My consulate told me that i need to get the name changed on the birth certificate.
Can someone tell me what is the process to get the name changed in the birth certificate?

Its better to confirm from Ahwal Al Madni.
I think you can add surname,there will be no issue.

There is form in the below link to change the name.

https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/wcm/connect/ … bed7ca8368

Thanks, really appreciate your response.

I will check with Ahwal Madni and let the people know the procedure.

Thanks

Whats the process then? any updates ?

Pls let me know also if we can add last name on birth certificate

Hi
Please let me know the process as I am also stuck with the same issue

Regards
Aleem

i got the certificate without last name..but the passport office told me that they will make the passport as per the name in the passport application form and not as per B.cert.

Since for iqama both documents are required i.e birth certificate and passport. I hope there will be no problem due to mismatch in names. In b.c single name of child is mentioned (with out surname) where as in  passport baby (single) name is mentioned as given name and in surname father name is mentioned instead of keeping it blank.

there is no problem in making iqama , as long as first name and fathers name is same!
also it depends which country passport you hold..maybe different rules for different countries.
im my case there is no "father" name as last name in passport.

Thanks Ehtisham for reply.

Can you kindly clarify more. In Pakistani passport there are three fields. I am confused about surname field.

1) Given name / first name     : Baby name (as mentioned in b.cert )

2) Surname          : Should it be left blank since it is not mentioned in b.cert  or else we can mention father's first name

2) Father name      :          Name of father as per his passport and also on baby b.cert

i did it last month and it was accepted...as i said Father name is not written  in surname in passports of all countries.

Can you kindly clarify more. In Pakistani passport there are three fields. I am confused about surname field.

1) Given name / first name     : Baby name (as mentioned in b.cert )

2) Surname          : Should it be left blank since it is not mentioned in b.cert  or else we can mention father's first name

2) Father name      :          Name of father as per his passport and also on baby b.cert

Assuming your baby name is SYED IMRAN AHMED

hjawaid wrote:

1) Given name / first name     : Baby name (as mentioned in b.cert )  SYED IMRAN

2) Surname          : Should it be left blank since it is not mentioned in b.cert  or else we can mention father's first name  AHMAD

THAT REMAINS SAME.

btw i was talking about indian passport

Hi!

Firstly go to the hospital where you get birth notification and ask them to change the name as per your requirement in the section name of child(ism al maulood). they will change and also give a letter for ahwal madani requesting change in name.
Then fill the form for ahwal madani to change name on BC its name is (نموذج+طلب+تعديل+وحذف+وإضافة+وتصحيح).

Can you please confirm the procedure , because when i went to hospital they told they need letter from Ahwal madani to give new birth notification.

If you have already done , kindly give me some more details about this plz?

Syed@ahmed17 wrote:

Hi!

Firstly go to the hospital where you get birth notification and ask them to change the name as per your requirement in the section name of child(ism al maulood). they will change and also give a letter for ahwal madani requesting change in name.
Then fill the form for ahwal madani to change name on BC its name is (نموذج+طلب+تعديل+وحذف+وإضافة+وتصحيح).

Can you please confirm the procedure , because when i went to hospital they told they need letter from Ahwal madani to give new birth notification.

If you have already done , kindly give me some more details about this plz?

Hi

Did anyone complete the process

I contacted my hospital and they confirmed me that once Birth Certificate issued by Ahwal e Madni, change of name will be handled by Ahwal e Madni only on birth certificate.

Can any one share their experience

I also have the same problem. We went  to civil affairs twice and gave them the letter from the hospital to change the name of the baby, but they refused. They said, what is in the system cannot be changed. Please we need help as we cannot make a passport for the baby.

Have you got any success?
Please advise

Any body get success  in adding last name in birthcertificate

What name was printed on baby's iqama ?
same situation with me I didn't go to Jawazat yet.
For my daughter MOH issued birth certificate with only first name but I added second name in Passport now I don't know they will print name as per birth certificate or Passport.
Kindly reply me if you have any information

Can anyone explain the complete procedure ?

Still waiting for the reply

I am facing the same issue, hospital asked me to visit ahwal madni saying that its not in there power to add removed or change the name for baby, indian embassy is not accepting my request to add my name as middle and surname in the passport,
Today i visited ahwal madni and they asked me to go to jawazat and get the name change, just took appointment of jawazat now let see what jawazat will ask me to do. If anybody has already got their kid's name changed please update the procesure.

Brother please provide us the procedure

@ansab
Were you able to change the name from jawazat?

kindly let me know the procedure to change birth certificate name if anybody has done it.
My case is that only single name is coming on birth Certificate with father name.
but in passport i added first name and surname.
for making iqama i applied form absher, they are rejecting and giving reason that birth certificate & passport name should match.
kindly let me know if anybody have solve it.

Kindly let me know sir, I have also the same issue. what is the procedure in Jawazat to change the name only i have to add first name and surname for my child same as per passport.
Birth Certificate has only single name with fathers name, but in passport i added first name and surname for my child.
when i apply online in absher, they are rejecting due to passport and birth certificate mismatching name.

Assalam U Alaikum, Did u get any solution for ur baby iqama issue

@aqueel373ewb I had a same issue with my kid as well. Pls follow the process:
1. Ahwal Al-Madaniya will refuse to do any changes in Birth Certificate. So, one thing is sure, nothing is going to change on Saudia issued Birth Certificate.
2. I went to Pakistan Embassy, made a Halaf Nama of changing my Son Name ( From First Name to Full Name).
3. Went to NADRA to update the NICOP, then simultaneously update Passport.
4. Went to Jawazat to update IQAMA name of my kid as per Passport. They Update it.

This is the only possible solution. Birth Certificate would remain the same.

@sbkhan35629586 Salam, need more clarification for all above. Have you done this after printing 1st iqama?

My case name on auto issued iqama is full but birth certificate has only single name. Now I am confused what to follow for Nicop and passport. If anyone has face similar issue plz guide

@aqueel373ewb  have u found the solution??? Pls let us know we have different name in birth certificate  in passport we have added full name now for applying iqama we are apprehnesive of rejection.pls reply what did u do

@Ansab Shaikh Have u got the name corrected in the birth certificate? If so, please let me know the procedure.

I am also encountering the same issue, as my son's birth certificate lists five names. It includes his first name, middle name, my name, my middle name, and our family name. The passport issued also reflects the same name. I wish to remove my name from my son's birth certificate and retain his first name, second name, and our family name. Today, I visited the VFS center to rectify my son's name in the passport. Following that, I plan to apply for a duplicate birth certificate from the embassy. I would appreciate any information regarding the procedure how to correct Saudi birth certificate and iqama.

@sbkhan35629586 Brother can you share the halaf name you made from embassy to change name in jawazat. I really need it.

@sbkhan35629586 Brother can you kindly share the Halaf nama you made from embassy, I have been requested to do the same by ahwal madani to go to jawazat with halaf nama.

I went to embassy but they didn't know.