Find a hotel in Belize- how to purchase land?Any recommended attorney

Hello,

We are thinking about moving to Belize in a few years. I plan on visiting Corozal within the next few months and then maybe San Pedro before the end of the year to see which area will work best for us.

I have not been able to find any hotel or temp accommodations in Corozal. We plan on visiting for about 4 days. If anybody could recommend a place I would certainly appreciate.

Also, if anybody has any recommendations on how to purchase land and can offer a recommendation for attorney to help us it would be great! :-)

Thanks!

~d

Greetings siamnaco,

Corozal and San Pedro are 2 totally different places. San Pedro is very pricy for property as it is a tourist destination. There are a few places to stay at in Corozal and one is the Almond Tree which is very nice. I will be staying there from May 14 to June 22 when my container comes and our house should be done by then as well. They are a bit pricey but worth it. The Sea Breeze and Copa Banana are 2 others and less expensive. Our house is on Serenity Road and sticks out like a sore thumb but feel free to stop by and visit.
Buying land is pretty easy but you will need a lawyer to get your title and such. It cost me a grand and takes about 4 months to get your title. My property taxes for a year is $12 a year. Lots in Corozal run from 10K to 25K, depending on how close you are to the water.
Lawyers name is Estevan Perera and he is in Belize City. Phone is 501-223-3530
Hope this helps,
Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the information. We hope to make the trip in late May to Corozal and then San Pedro in December. I retire in about 3 years so we want to check out different areas before deciding on a final location. After reading and researching on the internet Corozal appeals to me but my husband wants to look at San Pedro.
How long did it take to build your home?

If there is any other information you feel will be beneficial knowing when making a decision whether to retire in Belize or not please let me know.

Best Regards,

Deb

Hey Deb,
How long is your stay going to be for your first trip to Belize? If it is for a week I suggest you take the puddle jumper to San Pedro as it takes 12-14 minutes. You can look around and walk the streets and have lunch at the Melt and sit on the beach. This will tell you a lot of the Island and get a sense in one day. On another note I suggest you stay in Belize for a period of time as it is not for everyone. Life is much slower as we prefer it and less costly than living in the USA.  When you are in Corozal look me up so I can show you around.
Steve

I know of a woman who owns a quite lovely villa in Orchid Bay outside Corazol who was selling it in February. I have her card somewhere in my papers. Her price is much less than units sd by  Orchid Bay .
David Berger at the Tradewinds restaurant at Orchid Bay probably has her number