New bus fares and cards

My balance is the 29/6 which is when I topped it up at 22 34 lol so yeah website is err not working as it should

Holy crap I'm getting a bike...
But then that is not exactly safe.
I got my card June 30 (no pic nor name) but haven't used it yet. *sigh* guess I have a 50/50 chance of having a 'lucky card'? ;(

i  have two top up vouchers tried topping up by phone and online and guess what - we have encountered an error topping up ring ....
i ring ... we have a problem try again later ....
also get this : The bus may say its deducting 75cts each time its not .... *appparently *  however they tell me to check my balance but i wont be able to do this online til the 7th july ... so as long as i am not planning to go anywhere by bus ill be ok and i have spent 20e on top ups that dont work .. is it just me they hate

Nange wrote:

Holy crap I'm getting a bike...
But then that is not exactly safe.
I got my card June 30 (no pic nor name) but haven't used it yet. *sigh* guess I have a 50/50 chance of having a 'lucky card'? ;(

Yes they really have made an absolute pigs ear of it

It might just take until Sept to sort the system out. I actually sorted our domestic to residential utilities bill. It took 4 months, countless emails, photos of metre readings, etc but the last two-month bill was only €15 so not only did they switch us to residential, they reimbursed my mum!
I was alternately stunned and proud of myself for getting it done so quickly ;)
Lol 'Malta time'!!

hmm sounds awfully and unnecessarily complicated to me

why couldnt they have just used the smart capabilities of the id card to incorporate travel ?????

why make it simple, when it can be complicated

on the funny side - today i witnessed twice when elderly people tried to board the bus with new card and the machine would just go PIP

on driver's question: do you have enough top up on your card the answer was - how do you mean top up???

since I haven't got mine yet, do they send some kind of instructions with the card, couse it seems that some people don't know then have to put money on the card

They do provide a leaflet yes

im getting really angry with their whole attitude after spending 20E on top ups neither work either online or by phone and they are like we cant do anything we have to wait for head office in the meantime pay 2E per journey and you can claim the money back when its sorted ... but they dont seem to grasp that i have already paid 20e and i begrudge paying again because of their mess,,, whats the point in selling top up cards if they dont work

"Duxx" It was obvious that would happen  you only have to go to melita and watch them queue to pay their bill. The auto pay machine inside the door (paola) never gets used and online banking seems beyond most maltese.

Just topped mine and kids cards up online. All seems to be working ok

Was it using a voucher ?

Deja vu -

I topped up online and put in email address to get receipts. Have checked balance on the 3 cards and all looking good so far.
Will see the next stage when we come over to Malta on Tuesday and try to use cards on the bus!

Tried checking balance again this morning, online did not work, gave balance at 28/06/2015 - the day I topped it up. Tried SMS - no reply!
Caught the bus into Victoria and the machine worked fine and gave me the balance, but would not issue tickets for those who had to pay so they traveled free and the same on the way back.

Good system!

Ray

I hate to say this, but I ordered mine (and the wife's) on 29th June, received 1 week later with photo et al printed. Topped up 20 euro online (using BOV card) checked balance an hour later and there it was. No doubt something terrible will happen now as karma kicks me in the crown jewels for showing off.

I hate to say this, but I ordered mine (and the wife's) on 29th June, received 1 week later with photo et al printed. Topped up 20 euro online (using BOV card) checked balance an hour later and there it was. No doubt something terrible will happen now as karma kicks me in the crown jewels for showing off.

The new fares are a joke and a con. We bought a 2 hour ticket went to the Red Tower, went to the bus stop to catch the bus back within the 2 hours the bus was 15 minutes late so he made me pay another 4 euros to go back as my ticket time had expired.

It needs sorting out basically if the bus is late you pay extra when it's not your fault.

id be putting in a formal complaint and refund demand...... you do have to admit its a good money spinner coz they know they cant keep to a schedule  - too many bus drivers we know say they always run late..

paulolly wrote:

And it will still show the same balance after you have used the card!

Ray

My card has now topped up after my angry Facebook post ,

Wunders3637 wrote:

The new fares are a joke and a con. We bought a 2 hour ticket went to the Red Tower, went to the bus stop to catch the bus back within the 2 hours the bus was 15 minutes late so he made me pay another 4 euros to go back as my ticket time had expired.

It needs sorting out basically if the bus is late you pay extra when it's not your fault.

I stand to be corrected, but somewhere in the T & C's I think it says that the 2 hour ticket is valid for onward journeys but not on the same route number in other words you can not go home on the same bus route number as you went on to start your journey! ( It is in an earlier post on this topic somewhere)

Ray

It was on a different bus number.

Also how would that work if you were going to work every day?

Wunders3637 wrote:

It was on a different bus number.

It says same direction so for example 82 to paola you can't get 82 or 210 back or any bus in rerurn direction on same ticket but could get back on any bus in direction of valetta within 2 hours  that is my understanding

oh great so next time i go shopping i will go via here there and everywhere just to avoid being charged extra lol

robpw2 wrote:

oh great so next time i go shopping i will go via here there and everywhere just to avoid being charged extra lol

Lol good idea

Wunders3637 wrote:

The ticket is only good for two hours anyway so, unless it was a very part time job, you buy another 2 hour ticket to get home!

F0xgl0ve wrote:
Wunders3637 wrote:

The ticket is only good for two hours anyway so, unless it was a very part time job, you buy another 2 hour ticket to get home!

Zero hours contract? Oh wait this isn't the UK lol

Read the other comments you can't use the same route back in which is stupid. So basically you get a return ticket anymore within 2 hours.

My Housband and I applied for the card 10 of june but did not get a card, are we the only ones?

No , not at all read the Facebook page and it's full of people who haven't got cards et al .. I really had hoped they wouldn't be so bad but it seems they are worse and worse of all they just don't care

thank You :)

but most people use the same route both ways dont they.....

To anyone thinking of moving to Malta of visiting make sure you apply for your tallinja card at least two weeks before arrival - use the hotel or temporary accommodation address and your passport for the identity purposes .

There is an explorer card available on arrival but this works out at 3€ a day so if your going to be travelling a lot I would reccomend buying this on arrival

robpw2 wrote:

and worse of all they just don't care

Did you really expect any different? Have your rose-tinted spectacles not fallen off yet?  :D

robpw2 wrote:

There is an explorer card available on arrival but this works out at 3€ a day so if your going to be travelling a lot I would reccomend buying this on arrival

There is the 12 Single Day Journeys Tallinja Card option too, that's €15, so at €1.25 a journey cheaper than the €2 buy on the bus price. I haven't got a clue where you can buy these though, presumably bus stations, the airport and maybe post offices.

Does anyone know how to get refunded in my card the tickets that I've bought before I get my card? Because I am very annoyed now, after 2 emails and wrote on facebook and no answers!!! :mad:
Thanks

ordered my card 30th June (possibly even a couple of days later than that) - arrived today :-)

anaromano wrote:

Does anyone know how to get refunded in my card the tickets that I've bought before I get my card?

Go to the Tallinja website and choose "Contact" from the menu, then "Complaints".

Good luck, and let us know if/when you've received your refund.

https://www.tallinja.com/en/complaints