New bus fares and cards

Right new bus passes are being posted out and you should start receiving them from tomorrow

hi rob, good news that should up set the wingers and moaners,all the best dave

robpw2 wrote:

Right new bus passes are being posted out and you should start receiving them from tomorrow

The only problem is that they have 100,000 to deliver before the new system comes into effect on the 1st July!

Ray

i dont see that as a problem , if they are all ready created and ready to go even with the slowness of the post 100,000 cards in 12 days  should be easily done
i know that you want it to fail though so you can say i told you so - but i am keeping my fingers crossed it all works out

robpw2 wrote:

i dont see that as a problem , if they are all ready created and ready to go even with the slowness of the post 100,000 cards in 12 days  should be easily done
i know that you want it to fail though so you can say i told you so - but i am keeping my fingers crossed it all works out

I don't want it to fail Rob it's just that I really don't think they will have been able to extract details and photo from the ID cards or eResidence information for 100,000 people, manufacture the new cards and then post them all out in the space of 6 weeks.
I hope I am wrong otherwise it will cost 4.00 euros just for a trip in to town and back instead of 50 cents.

Ray

You will only get charged 2€ of you but your ticket on the bus - there are temporary cards you can purchase to make your trip cheaper - anyway i hope it doesn't come to that ,

so what are the new tariffs for the casual tourist

If you look at the terms and conditions of the tallinja card it tells you
Reading the terms and conditions of the tallinja card it suggest that there will be non personalised cards and a 12 day card which I assume will be aimed at tourists etc
From t&cs

A Cardholder may only pay for one passenger per journey with a personalized Tallinja Card or Explore card. If the Cardholder is travelling in a group, each passenger must use a separate Tallinja Card or different method of payment. Non-personalised Cards may be used for more than one passenger per journey as long as it is validated for every person using the bus.
https://www.tallinja.com/en/terms-conditions

More details here

12 Day  Journeys Card Card includes 12 Single Day €15
Trips      @ €1.25, 6 Single Night Trips @ €2.50 or any combination of both.
cards can be used for a group

Explore Adult     Explore Child (<11)
Unlimited            Travel    (Day and Night Services)
€21     €15 both valid for 7 days from first activation
its worth noting that cards are for individual use only  and will be valid in malta and gozo

both of these cards will be availble to buy from kiosks and will be valid straight away

Apparently if the rollout isn't completed by the 1st July they will postpone the new system till it is -so it's in their best interest to get them all posted out

Toon wrote:

are you thinking of returning wearing a mankini and flip flops :-)

robpw2 wrote:

Apparently if the rollout isn't completed by the 1st July they will postpone the new system till it is -so it's in their best interest to get them all posted out

Thanks for posting rob. I was told today by the "Ask Me" girls at valletta the system will be postponed until cards are posted out.

georgeingozo wrote:
Toon wrote:

are you thinking of returning wearing a mankini and flip flops :-)

sorry GeorgeinGozo  - my days in Malta are at an end.....end of an era for us, largely enjoyable it has to be said despite what some people may think.... besides the mankini wouldnt fit and the flip flops are more flop than flip.

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the post, I was wandering when Ill get mine. So let's hope everything will work fine.  :)

Mine just arrived in the mail :) sorry to disappoint some lol

redders_61 wrote:

Mine just arrived in the mail :) sorry to disappoint some lol

cool .. dont think mine has :( i applied first day as well

Well one consolation for you is that as we speak the online top up doesn't seem to be working  but I expect it will calm down soon ;)

All seems to be going well on the launch of the new bus routes and ticket system. Cards due to be delivered by post soon and new routes and timetable to be introduced on Gozo next week, with the changes on Malta happening later. Also special cards are to be made available for tourists.

I'm sure somebody will find something to complain about but then some people always do.

As a Gozo resident I was told I would receive a text or email letting me know to collect mine from the local council. So far no contact and no evidence of where the buses are changing on Gozo! If anyone has any info I would be very grateful.

they have decided they are going to post them out to the address you applied with
So you should receive it some time this week -
Also the implementation of the scheme will go agead once they have sent all the cards for the applications they have already received

I wouldn't worry too much. I was showing off on the bus the other day showing my talinjia card. Nobody else (maltese) had one and a couple of peeps asked me what it was lol. Imagine that some don't even realise the system is changing. Lol

The new cards are being delivered by post. There were announcements about this on local news and in the local press.

The new timetable was delivered to all houses. It is in a booklet with the title "Your New Bus Routes". If you have misplaced your copy, then more are available at the bus station.

Detailed bus times are posted on every bus stop.

My route, 312, is working perfectly this morning.

cards are being sent out to the address on your e-residence card even if you've recently changed address and used another address on the application form.

I received my card today and everything's fine. Now, let's test inside a bus in July ;)

My card arrived this morning. All going well for public transport on Gozo. An already good service introduced by Arriva has been improved upon by the new service provider. On the bus route near where I live, the bus is every hour with departures from Victoria from 5.00am to 11pm.

What is there to complain about?

My card arrived yesterday in Gozo, just waiting for my kids cards to arrive , I applied for the 3 of us at the same time. Next few day I guess.

Anyone know if the new card system is still going in to effect from the 1st of July as we and our nieghbours have still not received our cards despite applying on day two after it was announced?

Ray

It was said higher up the thread that the new system will not start until all the cards have been sent out.

GPLW wrote:

It was said higher up the thread that the new system will not start until all the cards have been sent out.

I am aware of that, I actually started the topic, but unless Malta Public Transport officially change the date and publicise it then it will go ahead and I am sure that they won't worry about missing cards!

Ray

There are some lovely comments on the Tallinja facebook page.

But Tallinja writes: 'Hi all, all cards have been sent and you should be receiving them shortly. Thanks'

and: 'If you have not received your card by the end of today please contact tallinja Customer Care directly: https://www.tallinja.com/en/contact-us'

not got mine either weird cause matts got his
i contacted them got told nothing we can do till the first july

Received ours today here on Gozo!

robpw2 wrote:

not got mine either weird cause matts got his
i contacted them got told nothing we can do till the first july

This is the reply I got this morning Rob, It would appear that they have not all been sent out yet.

"The cards are not being sent in any particular order as they are being processed in bulk. We are doing our best to distribute all cards by Tuesday 30th. Should you not receive your card, you will be able to make a claim to be refunded with the difference of the ticket bought on the bus. Hope this clarifies. Thanks"

Ray

Our cards have arrived in the post this morning and the photograph looks a lot better than the one on my eResidence card!
Only problem is that I guess the website is too busy as I could not top up on line and was asked to try again later.

Ray

Mine still hasn't arrived - will be very angry if it's not here Tuesday as i was one of the first to apply and don't think I should be penalised because they can't print and send cards in the correct order

robpw2 wrote:

Mine still hasn't arrived - will be very angry if it's not here Tuesday as i was one of the first to apply and don't think I should be penalised because they can't print and send cards in the correct order

Some of us are special lol :)

Tallinja have revised their statement that all cards have been sent out to :-

" All registrations for the tallinja card made by the 19th June will be delivered by the 30th June. Registrations received after the 19th June will be delivered right after. Those that don't receive it by the 30th June will be able to make a claim for the difference in price of the ticket bought on the bus. Thanks"

Ray

I applied on 1-6-2015, received my card on 23-06-2015 ,pretty good service,even top it up on line,  all the best,  dave

My sons arrived Thursday, my daughters today, we all have our cards now, 1 Gozo resident, 1 child and 1 student card all ready to be topped up.

Sparkie wrote:

My sons arrived Thursday, my daughters today, we all have our cards now, 1 Gozo resident, 1 child and 1 student card all ready to be topped up.

Online top up working OK this morning.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Tallinja have revised their statement that all cards have been sent out to :-

" All registrations for the tallinja card made by the 19th June will be delivered by the 30th June. Registrations received after the 19th June will be delivered right after. Those that don't receive it by the 30th June will be able to make a claim for the difference in price of the ticket bought on the bus. Thanks"

Ray

assumes they havent lost the applications or marked them as incomplete as many have already reported on other fora

id be making a phone call to check in case they have done exactly that!  it would not the first time, would  it...