Searching for the Best Bank for Expats

Hello there! I just would like to ask for your opinion. I am planning to open a bank account here in Belgium for the first time. I am starting now to apply for a job and a bank account is one of their requirements. What is the best bank in Belgium for an expat like me? Looking forward for your replies. Thank you so much! :)

I hear KBC is decent.

Hi,

Kbc is a good bank, they communicate in english as well, only downside is that they charge yearly 72euros and also focusing other ATM machines. Latter needs to be checked as my colleague never had the issue, but we had. Just a heads up so that you can refer to the personnel who helps you to open the bank account. Deutsche bank is free if charge - credit card, debit card etc but then you have to have a deposit of 5K. They do not communicate any bank related correspondences in English.

Best regards,
Trina

Agree:)

Hello Trina,
Be carefull with HSBC. Because the Belgian subsidiary is an investment bank. It is not for bank account management of an employee/worker ...
You better steer you towards a traditional bank like ING or KBC.
https://www.ing.be/en/retail/pages/index.aspxhttps://www.kbc.be/site//~E/Private_ind … YPE=header
Best regards
Philippe

Thank you Philippe!

Trinabhuyan12 wrote:

Hi,

Kbc is a good bank, they communicate in english as well, only downside is that they charge yearly 72euros and also focusing other ATM machines. Latter needs to be checked as my colleague never had the issue, but we had. Just a heads up so that you can refer to the personnel who helps you to open the bank account. Deutsche bank is free if charge - credit card, debit card etc but then you have to have a deposit of 5K. They do not communicate any bank related correspondences in English.

Best regards,
Trina

Hello! Thanks so much for the info, Trina. I already opened a bank account in Beobank. My husband and some friends recommended it so I gave it a try. They actually have a good service and I did not have to deposit any amount when I opened an account. They also communicate in English which is good for me since I am still studying Nederlands. Thank you again!  :)