Why its so hard to find a job?

Im wondering. Why its so hard to find a job in Oman ?? We are young and fresh but some times tired of searching ...
It seems unfair...

bargostovan wrote:

Im wondering. Why its so hard to find a job in Oman ?? We are young and fresh but some times tired of searching ...
It seems unfair...

Hi bargostovan,

The reason why it is so hard to find a job in Oman for expatriates is really very simple.

Like you, there are also scores of "young and fresh" Omanis seeking gainful employment - and are not getting any because all their jobs are already held by the expatriates. Never mind these young and fresh Omanis are not qualified enough, never mind these young and fresh Omanis are not experienced enough, never mind these young and fresh Omanis are not even conversant in basic English, never mind these young and fresh Omanis do not know the concept of 'hard work', never mind these young and fresh Omanis are not willing to struggle, work hard, and learn their jobs ... never mind all of these, and some more as well.

The main reason why getting jobs for expatriates is so very difficult these days is because the priority of the government is to provide jobs - first, to the locals, second, to the locals, third, to the locals - and if possible, all the way to the locals. And they are completely correct. Because, it is their country and they have every right to demand what they are demanding. Totally. That is why there are so many rejections for new job clearances. and so many new restrictions when it comes to hiring expatriate labour. The whole system has been made so 'new-expat-unfriendly' is only to discourage wannabe expatriates from looking at Oman.

There has been, and I am sure there will continue to be a whole lot more of debate in the press as to why what the government is doing is not being done the correct way and how the government should plan their 'Omanisation' processes more prudently. But the debate will only be that. Just a debate.

Have you got your answer now, bargostovan ?

You are completely right...
But still  they need human resorts . Omanis are good people and its their country but all country is on slow motion believe me

Its hard to get a job anywhere. You just have to keep trying while you try to invent something of your own.As long as you are in good health, you can do anything.

bargostovan wrote:

It seems unfair...

seek the advice of Abraham Hicks / Esther Hicks
seriously, it worked with me, the job came to me without looking for it, here in Oman

hexebella wrote:
bargostovan wrote:

It seems unfair...

seek the advice of Abraham Hicks / Esther Hicks
seriously, it worked with me, the job came to me without looking for it, here in Oman

Forgot to add that the job came to me though expat-blog, one member PM me and asked for my CV, but prior to that, i was following Abraham Hicks already

Sumitran's evaluation of the difficulty in finding work is right on the money!!! It's not just a problem in Oman, but in virtually every nation on the planet now.

There are three elements that ALL employers will be looking for:

Academic background -  You have a degree from a recognized institution of higher education that qualifies you for the job you're applying for.

Work experience -  You have previous experience in the same kind of position that you're applying for.

Proven results -  Are you able to deliver exactly what it is that the potential employer needs and can you substantiate that with examples of your past achievements?

If you lack any of those three points then you're always going to be fighting an uphill battle, playing "catch up" with other applicants for any position. When you have difficulty finding work, it is far better to spend your time doing a rigorous self examination to see what is lacking in your CV on these 3 points. Spend your time improving your marketable skills to put you into a better position when it comes to future applications. Complaining that "it's so hard to find a job" does absolutely nothing for you unless you're using it for motivation to improve your skill sets.

In the real world, there are often hundreds if not thousands of applicants for every good job out there. That huge pool of candidates gets cut down to a short list, based upon their education, experience and proven results. If you're not on that short list then there is a reason why, and that reason lies WITHIN YOU.

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!!!

Cheers,
James     
Expat-blog Experts Team