A few questions regarding transitioning

Hi,

These are questions regarding Nicaragua. I'm intending a stay.

1.     How widely accepted is payment by VISA or U.S. dollars?

2.     Are checks from U.S. banks commonly accepted? Can it be a method of payment for rent?

3.     Do the wall, power sockets accept U.S. plugs, or would I need a converter? What kind of converter would I need?

4.     Are there indoor ATMs, and what are safer practices concerning money?

5.     I'm doubting the $1.00 price of taxi rides as I've seen stated on the Web to be true. What should I expect to pay?

6.     How is the water? Would I cook something like oats, rice, etc. using the tap? Would I want to rinse vegetables using tap water?

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel_T wrote:

Hi,

These are questions regarding Nicaragua. I'm intending a stay.

1.     How widely accepted is payment by VISA or U.S. dollars?

2.     Are checks from U.S. banks commonly accepted? Can it be a method of payment for rent?

3.     Do the wall, power sockets accept U.S. plugs, or would I need a converter? What kind of converter would I need?

4.     Are there indoor ATMs, and what are safer practices concerning money?

5.     I'm doubting the $1.00 price of taxi rides as I've seen stated on the Web to be true. What should I expect to pay?

6.     How is the water? Would I cook something like oats, rice, etc. using the tap? Would I want to rinse vegetables using tap water?

Regards,
Daniel

Please read through the posts in the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page for information,