Advice on teaching English short term in HCMC

Hi everyone!

My name's Jade and I've been travelling around India and South East Asia since January 2015. I'm now settling in HCMC for just over 2 months.

As a native English speaker from the UK, with an English degree and TEFL certificate, I'm really keen to find some paid work teaching English. I'm open to schools, language centres and personal tutoring which I will be advertising for. I'm adaptable and able to produce material for different levels etc.

As I don't have too long, I'd be so grateful if anyone had any advice on finding teaching work that's flexible/not limited to a fixed term contract?

JadeInHCMC wrote:

Hi everyone!

My name's Jade and I've been travelling around India and South East Asia since January 2015. I'm now settling in HCMC for just over 2 months.

As a native English speaker from the UK, with an English degree and TEFL certificate, I'm really keen to find some paid work teaching English. I'm open to schools, language centres and personal tutoring which I will be advertising for. I'm adaptable and able to produce material for different levels etc.

As I don't have too long, I'd be so grateful if anyone had any advice on finding teaching work that's flexible/not limited to a fixed term contract?

Be very wary of English Centres in Quang Ngai, Central Coast. It's a long way to go to get very disappointed.

Hello Jade

Welcome to Expat.com!

I would suggest you to post your CV in Language teacher jobs in Ho Chi Minh City as well to brighten your chance for responses from any potential employer ;)

Good luck :top:

Mishna

Thank you Mishna, will do!

Contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on here, so tell them what they want to hear. 

The future is something that doesn't exist beyond the next few days anyways (unless you're selling visas).   :top:

Teacher Mark wrote:

Contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on here, so tell them what they want to hear. 

The future is something that doesn't exist beyond the next few days anyways (unless you're selling visas).   :top:

Oh really! Well that's good to hear  ;)

Hi. I am Leaf, I am a Vietnamese and I am working for an interior company. I have learning English for one year and I really want to have the real conversation with a foreigner so I need an English teacher who can speak with me once a week on the weekenend because I have to go to work in the other days. could you tell me about the tuition fee  per two hours, and where can we learn? Thank you so much.

Hello leaf. I can teach you english. We can talk aboit te fee when we meet personally. James.

jaime lorel l dablo wrote:

Hello leaf. I can teach you english. We can talk aboit te fee when we meet personally. James.

Haha, What sort of English are you going to teach her??????

Leaf Chau wrote:

Hi. I am Leaf, I am a Vietnamese and I am working for an interior company. I have learning English for one year and I really want to have the real conversation with a foreigner so I need an English teacher who can speak with me once a week on the weekenend because I have to go to work in the other days. could you tell me about the tuition fee  per two hours, and where can we learn? Thank you so much.

Hi Leaf, I have replied to your email. Thanks

Hi Jadel,

I have interviewed in some English Center in HCMC. Some experiences to share you

- They need the teacher for at least 03 or 06 months corse. If you just stay in two month, I am afraid that you may not suitable teaching at English Center in HCMC

- You can looking for some tutoring job in Vietnam for short term.

Good luck!

Thu Hong

Thanks James. I have found my teacher.

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason : Please post in the classifieds > Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City section