Gmail any problems the last 2 days?

Anyone else having problems with gmail in the last 2 days? I can't even get onto it today. ( tried using Firefox and Chrome ).

Damn things down again:

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/27686/cau … ke-a-month

Budman1 wrote:

Damn things down again:

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/27686/cau … ke-a-month

Thanks Bud, I looked up VietNamNet, but it can't be newsworthy enough for them, unusual can still get FB ok, that's usually the first thing that drops out, ( what a shame ).

No problems on either my laptop or tablet.

ralphnhatrang wrote:

No problems on either my laptop or tablet.

You have gmail????

Hi Bluenz,

I still use gmail as normal

( I am using gmail at my smart phone)

Linh

Lyn-sunflower wrote:

Hi Bluenz,

I still use gmail as normal

( I am using gmail at my smart phone)

Linh

Thks Lyn, I can get gmail notifications on my phone, but it's hopeless for the internet, so I get sick of waiting for them to download, just tried the laptop again, it's taken 5 minutes and not even 1/8 loaded, looks like it's stopped???

Hi Bluenz,

Did you receipt email from another email which sent from over sea? Or these email have attached files?

I guess the reason from bad Internet recently from Vietnam to other countries as you've read news. ( internal transaction in Vietnam is Ok, but oversea internet have problem)

Yesterday, I chat with my friend in other country via Skype, they couldn't receipt any files, any images from me ( even at my skype box, it showed: "Sent"). Text is ok, but try to sent files many time but faith

P/s: I've just tried to open my gmail from my laptop, it's ok.

You may check again the Setting item of Gmail or ask the IT for help.

Good luck!

Linh

Lyn-sunflower wrote:

Hi Bluenz,

Did you receipt email from another email which sent from over sea? Or these email have attached files?

I guess the reason from bad Internet recently from Vietnam to other countries as you've read news. ( internal transaction in Vietnam is Ok, but oversea internet have problem)

Yesterday, I chat with my friend in other country via Skype, they couldn't receipt any files, any images from me ( even at my skype box, it showed: "Sent"). Text is ok, but try to sent files many time but faith

P/s: I've just tried to open my gmail from my laptop, it's ok.

You may check again the Setting item of Gmail or ask the IT for help.

Good luck!

Linh

Hi Lyn,
   Yes today gmail is ok ( so far ), but it's not a busy time of the day yet, the same thing happened the last time they had cable problems, certain times of the day it was absolutely hopeless. Just have to get used to it for the next 3 -4 weeks??? ( AGAIN ),not a good time for me , just trying to set a up a new business, and need the internet working properly.

I use gmail everyday, everytime. Don't feel any problems.

It's AAG cable problem again. I think Bluenz is using VNPT IPS service.
I have 3 internet lines from 3 IPS in our building now: VNPT, FPT and Viettel. VNPT IPS work well when there is no problem. BUT, whenever the AAG gets trouble, VNPT is the worst , lowest speed compared with FPT and Viettel. I don't know why but seems that their backup line is for Government only.

We are using High-speed ( in it's name only  :) ) Viettel fibre optical connection. We don't have any problem with using Gmail, Youtube, Facebook etc.

That would probably explain why I haven't heard from my wife via Skype video the last 3 days or so.

I'm currently in Canada and we skype each day since I don't have a phone here. Everytime the undersea cable has problems my internet at my Vietnam home slows down to a crawl so I guess will be a month before I hear from my wife.

khanh44 wrote:

That would probably explain why I haven't heard from my wife via Skype video the last 3 days or so.

I'm currently in Canada and we skype each day since I don't have a phone here. Everytime the undersea cable has problems my internet at my Vietnam home slows down to a crawl so I guess will be a month before I hear from my wife.

At certain times of the day it's ok, other times a frustrating headache. Might be time to look at Viettel? If you try at off peak times, like after midnight , until about 5 am, it would probably be the best time.
  Last week it was EVN  stuffing around with the power around here a couple of times, ( no warning it would be off all morning  of course ).  But can't complain too much, that's why it's so cheap.

I am having no problems with VNPT.

Except for the usual lag at times.

Athanasius Pang wrote:

I am having no problems with VNPT.

Except for the usual lag at times.

Today has been good so far, ( but I've only been on the net twice and for a short time ), maybe people are away from their computers today? And with many businesses shut, so it won't peak until later tonight. Or worst case scenario, ( for me and others in the Provinces ), the cities are getting priority?

After so many problems the past few years with the cable breaking I think I've found a solution. I have a USB Fast connect stick that I ran out of money on yesterday and switched over to my mobile phone and tethered it to the computer. Fast Connect was 3G and I ran through 500,000VND real quick downloading movies. The cell phone has 1,500,000VND on my main account and about the same in my bonus account but it's slow most of the time. VNPT has started offering FTTH down here in my area but a lot of good it'll do if every few months this problem happens plus I'm not really happy with the customer service the provide. So Monday with the holidays are over I'm going down to Mobifone and see what kind of plan the can offer on my USB stick for 1mil or less a month. That's cheaper than paying a 1.3mil a month for FTTH from VNPT that may or may not be much faster than my normal connection I get from them.

Here's a update on the cable situation:

http://www.thanhniennews.com/tech/vietn … 42778.html

I still am considering using my Fast Connect USB stick as my primary source to access the internet here, but after looking at all the data plans that MobiFone offers I'm starting to have second thoughts. In less I'm missing something it doesn't appear that the have the type of plan I want. At least a 50GB download limit per month at 3G or at least 12MB speed. Can anybody offer some advice on the plans?