Looking for an advice on location in Belize

Hello there. I would also like to get some opinion about moving our family to Belize. We have two small children (3-5yrs old) and our budget is about 200 000 USD. Is it possible to buy a land and build a house for +- 100 000 USD? We are looking at Corozal, Cayo or Orange walk area but it all depends on property prices. We don't need to be close to the beach (about 30-60 min. drive would be nice). We have small children so we would like to be close to town for schools and small friends (I may homeschool) but we don't have a problem to bike or drive. My husband is very handy so we plan on buying a land where we can build a house on our own (we did it twice already in Europe:-), we want to do own farming for food (goat, chickens), fruits, veggies... so we will not hopefully need much money to buy food - we don't go to restaurants even where we live now. We are looking for a simple life with the luxuries of nice weather, all year growing season and a safe place to live as we feel that Europe and US will become soon very dangerous to live in. My husband is a technician and contractor so he is planning to use all help from mother nature to keep living costs low - own generator, solar panels, water tanks and much more. We will be probably good for about a year and so on savings but later on we will probably need some small income to maintain a car so we can drive around and help our kids to get to know others.
Which area is best for construction workers/contractors/partners or property manager? My husband can do it all.
Thank you so much for advise

Greetings Hokdnka,

You can buy lots on Serenity Road in Corozal for 10K but not familiar with prices in Cayo or Orange Walk. It is close to town and has a lot of ex pats there. My house is costing me 95K which includes a pool, cistern system and septic tank. If your husband is a builder he can do it for much cheaper. Regarding work that is probably a no go as you can not seek employment but you can open a business and do it that way to get around the system. Also, things grow like crazy there and the open markets are really cheap. Example, 4 large papayas for 2USD and pineapples are a dollar apiece. If you have any more questions please email me at [email protected]
I can send you some pictures of my house which is almost done. Good luck.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.
So far I haven't been able to get any information through forums or web sides.
Still looking for a lot of answers but I know we will find out lots once we get there.
For now we need at least some info for our first stay which we plan, so we don't overspend money which we will need for relocation. We relocated 3 years ago from US to Europe and build a house, so that was very costly. But the house will give us nice start up money when it sells. I'm very pleased about the info about building own home and rising construction business. I will much appreciate to see the pictures of your house. If you are interested I'll send you pictures of what we build in Europe.
The prices you mentioned are in USD or BZD (10k for a land and 95k)?
If you can please email me photos at [email protected].
I'll reply there. I wasn't sure if your email is written right this way stephencatering[at]cox.net
have a nice day:-)

They are in USD and would like to see pictures of the house you built. I will send you some recent shots of our house which is nearing completion. I will be down there on May 14 so look me up. Masha, my wife will arrive later when the house sells here and clears up on all.