A Muslim Indonesian woman looking for a job in London

rhe912 wrote:

@ Fred, maybe you have some single and good looking English friends?  :D

Nope - all my mates are old, ugly, married and/or make terrible sounds and smells after a curry.
I know of no one you'd want to marry.

As for going after your dreams - there's no other way to live - Go for it.

@Fred:  :P

Rhe looks really pretty in her avatar, but I'm married so that reduces her chances of a UK passport holder husband by one.
Unless you promise not to tell my wife :D

She's Javanese, me too  :)

No I'm not Javanese haha

@miawmeaw:
It isn't easy Sarah Rahman. I've been there for 3 years and couldn't find a job either. You're master or PhD from Indonesia, its mean nothing there, unless you want "any kind of job" there. I've known a lot of Indonesian people there, but they get less then they have here in Indonesia. Hal baik yang bisa Anda temui di sana adalah, Anda bisa bertemu dan berteman dengan orang Indonesia dari segala strata ekonomi dan jabatan. That's all. Must be tough and patient to living there, at least 5 year, unless you're a lucky person :)
Good luck, xx

rhe912 wrote:

No I'm not Javanese haha

I am - from Wonosobo, Central Java - nggeh

@rhe:
Who I mean Javanese is Fred's wife. Sorry, I new here, don't familiar with the things yet.
@Fred:
How to put someone comment above of your comment?

Nins72 wrote:

@rhe:
Who I mean Javanese is Fred's wife. Sorry, I new here, don't familiar with the things yet.
@Fred:
How to put someone comment above of your comment?

Use the 'quote' button, and it'll put the quoted post in for you.

I speak several foreign languages and have many foreign friends - indeed half of my family are foreigners. I think the attitude to foreigners until 10 years ago was that they were interesting and added colour (I don't mean in skin tones), but then it just got too much for the NHS the roads and the schools and the rest of the infrastructure. Indeed the over priced housing and rents is all about immigration. Even so I have the impression that most people are cool with immigrants - except those that want us to change our laws and our culture to accommodate them - and refuses to integrate - and frankly there is only one group that consistently falls into that category.

Of course the real numbers are much higher - who is going to admit they support these things?

Logically the very same with any group around the world. They are not daft enough to admit it and thus get negative attention towards them. Only Muslims have suspect people like Anjem Choudary - "Andy" who was an excessive drinker at Uni, or hook-handed Hamza, who was a nightclub bouncer. Yet they were taken seriously by the press. It doesn't take much to grow a beard, wear a jalabiya, rant with a microphone, and gain publicity. Which is precisely what they & their ilk were seeking - fame (and paid to do it?). A few of them no-marks learned that was a way to finally become 'someone', as the media will give them all the attention they want. Who exactly are they that do this? That's right - no-marks with questionable pasts.

Hello everyone,

Please note that some political comments have been removed from this thread as there were off topic and political topic is not welcome on the forum.

Thank you.

Many outside EU may have a dream working in UK but little do they know their biggest obstacle is work permit. In UK, anyone who hires illegal worker will be fined up to 20000 pounds (per illegal staff) and might be put in jail too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34047686

How did u enter the uk?? My friend is indonesian and he wants to come here too for work

Indonesians for the most part have no right to live or work in the UK, unless they have serious amounts of money, have a profession in huge demand eg doctor, or are married or whatever to a local.

Very very stupid and bad advice. Not only is that advocating illegality, but for a woman, she has as much chance of being sold as a sex slave into the middle East brothels as she had of getting to Europe.

Well he is a dentist qualified overseas obviously..do u know the process?

Write to the Royal College of dentists -
https://www.fgdp.org.uk/