If you need help with Portuguese or just wanna meet people

Hey folks,

I've just moved back to BH after being abroad for 3 years.
I'd like to try to help people as I've been helped a lot while I was an expat myself.

If you're up for a walk, language exchange or having a coffee, just give me a shout. ;-)

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/BANNER_zps3602e73e.jpg

Hi Jef Oliv (I guess that would be Jef Oliveira),

On behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board. I hope that you're participation here will be both enjoyable and informative.

I'm sure that you're going to soon have lots of new friends here, especially with your generous offer to help with Portuguese and acquaint people with the city. I've been here in Brazil for over 13 years now, many of those in BH, Contagem, Ribeirão das Neves area so I know just how much you must have missed home while you were away.

I was quite fortunate in that I learned Portuguese with a Brazilian teacher back in Canada before I came here and by immersing myself almost 24/7 in the language became quite fluent very quickly. I spoke the language well enough when I arrived here 8 months later that people here, while they knew I was an "estrangeiro" always asked me if I came from Portugal. kkkkkkk

I know it's not an easy language for most to learn so I'm sure you're going to have a lot of our members beating a path to your door! Hopefully one day I'll get back to BH for a visit and who knows, maybe we'll even get a chance to meet personally.

Welcome to our wild and wonderful gang! Enjoy your time here!

Oh, by the way..... Zeiro ou Galo???? rsrsrsrs

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Hey James,

Yeah man, I've been missing a lot of unique things from Minas that now I'm delighted to be enjoying them again.
I guess Portuguese is not an easy language to learn, so I always try to give a little contribution when I meet nice people learning it.

If you're coming to BH, get in touch.
Regarding football, well, I'm a passionate and vibrant person, so life was so good on allowing me to born in Minas, where the Glorioso Clube Atlético Mineiro rules. :-) There are people in the world who loves football. I love Galo! ;-)

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Jeferson Oliveira (yeah, you got it :-D)

Eba! Acertei na primeira tentativa!!! kkkkkkkkkk

Welcome back home to Minas. I have a cousin (actually cousin of my ex-wife) and her family who live in BH so it is quite likely that I'll come back sometime to visit. I'll be sure to send you a private message when I do, so we can get together.

Até logo então.

Cheers,
James

I heard that Galo is like an elephant up in a tree ... Nobody knows how he ended up there but everyone knows that he's gonna fall  .....:lol:

" Existe um grande clube na cidade
Que mora dentro do meu coração
E eu vivo cheio de vaidade
Pois na realidade é um grande campeão

Nos gramados de Minas Gerais
Temos páginas heroicas e imortais

Cruzeiro, Cruzeiro querido
Tão combatido, jamais vencido
Cruzeiro, Cruzeiro querido
Tão combatido, jamais vencido
.................................................."
:one:one:one:one:one:D