Student pass

Can anyone guide me how to apply for my 8 year olds student pass? What documents do I need? I do have her MOE and the school offer letter.

Thank you.

To have dependents in Malaysia a minimum salary of RM5000.00 and above and at least 2 years' employment contract.

2.    Educational Facilities for children of Expatriate Officers
Who are eligible?
i.    Children of Expatriate Officers who are 18 years old and under
ii.    Holder of the Dependant Pass who has been given approval prior to applying for a Student Pass

Requirements

1.    Studying in a school or an institution which is recognised by the Government.

2.    Fulfilling all the requirements of a Student Pass application.

Supporting documents for application

1.    Cover letter and Letter of Authority from the company.

2.    Letter of confirmation from the Institute of Higher Learning/Secondary School/Primarily School/Pre-school

3.    Copies of the Expatriate's and the Dependant's (Student) Passports

4.    Student's Personal Data Form

5.    Other relevant documents

Fees Charged
Free

Downloadable forms

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/info … able-forms

Headquarters of the Immigration Department Malaysia
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
Level 1-7 (Podium) No 15
Persiaran Perdana, Precint 2
62550 Putrajaya

Tel: 03-8000 8000 (1MOCC)

An agent can apply online (see online services section of website)

Thanks a lot Gravitas I was there yesterday at Putra Jaya and wasted my time as i was told that i need to get it done at Shah Alam as my child's offer letter is from Petaling Jaya it is just that i am really concerned about the documents they need

As i said earlier I have her offer letter and the Moe her and my passport my salary being within the required limit I have my employment visa stamped.

But I dont understand the covering letter bit?

The covering letter is from your employer and in that they confirm your status and your earnings/contractual period.  The other Letter of Authority is their knowledge you are applying for a student visa for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Usually letters for official purposes have to be certified i.e. stamped with their corporate stamp. Ask your employer if they have done one before. Often they wont make the application but will provide the necessary paperwork. It is a copy of every page in the passport.

Thank you :)

Usually the copy of the passports should be stamped as well by the employer.

thanks

Well for anyone who reads this thread i thought why not update my experience! I went to Shah Alam very early reaching there at 6:30. I was not the first one there were already some 200 people. As for the required documents for my daughter's visa, well i was to give
1) My passport photocopy the first page and the employment visa page.
2) My daughter's entire passport photocopy each and every page.
3) My husband's passport photocopy the first page and the employment visa page.
4) My daughter's birth certificate.
5) Two photographs of my daughter passport size background colour they were not particular about it
5) My marriage certificate
7) The MOE approval for my daughter and the school offer letter.

I submitted it all and to fill a form which was quite simple and then have been asked to come again on the 8th of May. I will have to pay RM 360 for her visa.

I hope it may be of use to someone. :)

U r welcome, but the student pass issuance does, I am sure also depend on which country the main applicant belongs to, because I know someone from New Zealand and she got her son's student visa on the same day she applied. I will post the update on my daughter's visa, no worries.

Also the Ministry of education's approval is time taking and if I am not wrong has to be applied for by the school after they have accepted your child.

Well sorry for a late update!
I went to Shah Alam and got my daughter's student pass. I was asked to pay the fees and then return after the Friday prayer break . So I left for Subang Jaya to open my bank account. Later received a call from the immigration officer that they had asked me to pay the wrong fees as i was told a lower fees! But the immigration officer was kind enough and after I told him I was quite far he understood and replied that I could do so when I came in later to collect the passport!