Pay scale for an Senior Mobile Developer/ Cost of Living

Hello Everyone

I am in final stages of recruitment process with a US based company in Istanbul, Turkey. They are preparing the final proposal for me and I haven't given them any expected salary, because I wasn't sure about pay scales and cost of living in Istanbul, Turkey.

It would be great if you guys can help me in this regard with following information.
1- What should be the pay scale of a Senior Mobile Developer (iOS) with over all 5+ years of experience.
2- What is the cost of living (Standard life style), planning to move with wife and 2.5 years old son.
3- What are the areas in Istanbul to be considered for residence when you are moving with family.
4 Is there any issue in signing 2 years agreement with the company.
5- Any other thing that I might consider, as this is the first time I am relocating for at least two years out of my home country.

Your help and suggestions will be highly appreciable. I always loved Istanbul and now I have got a chance to visit this beautiful place.

Thanks
Junaid.

Hi Junaid,

Cant say much about 1 & 4.. But for your 2nd question, this forum will be helpful.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439096

Good luck!
Zeeshan

Jai4mPak wrote:

Hello Everyone

I am in final stages of recruitment process with a US based company in Istanbul, Turkey. They are preparing the final proposal for me and I haven't given them any expected salary, because I wasn't sure about pay scales and cost of living in Istanbul, Turkey.

It would be great if you guys can help me in this regard with following information.
1- What should be the pay scale of a Senior Mobile Developer (iOS) with over all 5+ years of experience.
2- What is the cost of living (Standard life style), planning to move with wife and 2.5 years old son.
3- What are the areas in Istanbul to be considered for residence when you are moving with family.
5- Any other thing that I might consider, as this is the first time I am relocating for at least two years out of my home country.

Your help and suggestions will be highly appreciable. I always loved Istanbul and now I have got a chance to visit this beautiful place.

Thanks
Junaid.

Regarding accommodation, I would suggest that you choose a place closer to the work area. It is important because Istanbul is huge! Think Karachi.. Double the size, and double the traffic.. It can often take you upto 3 hours to reach a destination in rush hours..

Jai4mPak wrote:

Hello Everyone

Thanks
Junaid.

Also, check out this forum with some tips for the new expats. This should help immensely!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 41#2474451

Good luck with your job, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!

Jai4mPak wrote:

Hello Everyone

Thanks
Junaid.

Thank you Zeeshan, it will surely help a lot.

No problem Junaid,

Also, keep in mind that in order to socialize, its essential to learn Turkish. Although people can be friendly and helpful, but if you do not know the language it's not easy. I mean, I have been to France and Germany and its a lot easier to interact with general people there such as shopkeepers, security guards, bus/ cab drivers (especially, cab drivers, else you can get ripped off easily sometimes if they figure you are new) than it is in Turkey. 

I am pointing it since you mentioned you are bringing your wife and kids. Kids may find it easy to socialize in school but the wife is a house wife, she will need to interact and socialize during daily routine more than you. It might be difficult for her too. Just a heads up!

Jai4mPak wrote:

Thank you Zeeshan, it will surely help a lot.