Moving to Gib -Safe and bad areas to avoid? About La Linea?

Hello everyone

I have just secured a position in Gibraltar for a few months to start with to see if I enjoy working out there. Going by what everyone says, I think I am more than likely going to love it.

Question I have is, I think it would be wise to rent something in La Linea for the first few months and was wondering if there was a safe or bad area in the city that I should avoid.

Many thanks

shlunky wrote:

Hello everyone

I think it would be wise to rent something in La Linea for the first few months and was wondering if there was a safe or bad area in the city that I should avoid.

Many thanks

Yes La Linea

Regards

Grumpy

Thanks... are you saying I should avoid La Linea... or have no worry at all being there?

Sorry I wasn't very clear

Avoid La Linea

However once out of the town there are some better places.

But that may entail travel and the means to

Regards

Grumpy

hi, La Linea isn't so bad, there are nice apmt blocks along the seafront facing Gib, the area directly opposite the Gib frontier is a bit grim true, but other parts of town are fine. My stockbroker in Gib lives in an apmt near the bullring, its OK there, surely that says something and this is absolutely true. I know him and Grumpy has a very dry sense of humour! Where will you be working? It would be  along trek to the south district....