How much it would cost for a bachelor to make a decent living

Hi,

I know this has been answered in many of the previous post. However my scenario is not for a salaried person. My company is bidding on a project partnering with a local company in Oman. The project duration would be any where between 6 months and 1 year. I need to estimate the cost for the engineers to stay and work from Muscat, Oman. Can you please suggest how much it would cost for a bachelor to make a decent living including stay in a single room apartment, food from decent restaurants, transport and nominal entertainment spending? The estimations have to be on the little higher side so that my engineers should be able to save some money by opting to share the accommodation  and keep their spending to a minimum.

Hi ksreeni1975,

The cost of accommodation would depend on the location.

On a rough estimate say about R.O. 1,000/- in hand would be a good sum to live on for a bachelor.

Hello ksreeni1975 and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post and the response you received from our dear Oman Expert Sumitran, as you were off topic on the thread you initially participated.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team