Occupation

Hi everyone,
My name is fazrisha,previously im a sales person in one of our local bank and I just resigned due to below target that I should achieved. I think that I would like to start up a business, which is not an online business, what are the potential business currently in Malaysia which is suitable for young people like me. As for capital, I have around 50k.

Tq

You need capital to start a business in Malaysia. Pity you gave up your job, as it would have been possible to have  a business alongside that job. You need to incorporate a company of some kind . Foreigners can partner with Malaysians and the capital required is just RM350,000.

yes.. I agree with you,  but with the current economic crisis I've tried so many things, but still have no results, nothing, so I decided instead of wasting my time I need to move on and look other things that can helped me.

regarding that capital.. can I know what type of business is that..

Capital is another name for MONEY and you need to have some to start a business.

Just a word of warning - its dangerous to advertise on a public forum that you have RM50k available. You may attract people who want to take that from you.

Hi Sir John,
I have an experience in telesales i work in a bank for 4 years as a telesales. If u have any position for that in your office please try to email me
Thanks a lot.
Lyn

hi im also have experience in call center in dubai..im currently living in KL. im interested with the job of telesales.

Hi the best run businesses are from people with a passion for something. I knew a couple of engineers who had  a passion for plastic flow monitors (!) and they built a highly successful business making these. Others who could talk for hours on the cost structure of a McDonalds cartoon or the way sausage rolls were made who built successful businesses in highly competitive areas! (UK examples)

The biggest failures are those who just do it for money. eg some real idiots who set up a sandwich/coffee shop and could not understand that you have to sell a sandwich for more than its cost (!) - Malaysian example.

Being a successful business person takes hardwork, tenacity, calculated risk taking and the ability to overcome failure. Local friends here have those traits who have been successful. They worked for a long time in a business area then set up own business eg event management. When they failed at work they just got on with it.

What I would observe is that you failed at work then gave up without a plan. This means you lack tenacity or the ability to assess risks as immature (as young). You need to reflect on this as business is hard! If you get upset at what I say then get another job. Entrepreneurs don't get upset.

A franchise is often a good idea but for 50k well that isn't much. A McDonalds is 2 million for example.

You should look at being an Uber driver and combine that with say insurance/unit trust sales. Gain some experience at sticking at something. You sound like you need sales experience as you failed to meet your work target.

Think about what you have a passion for. Best businesses are driven by passion not greed.

cassy05 wrote:

hi im also have experience in call center in dubai..im currently living in KL. im interested with the job of telesales.

Telesales pays so little and is a temp job for desperadoes - from two grads I know who tried it. Most are Malaysian

theres a business u can even start for only 12,500 rm do pm me for details...

nemodot where are you from...its okey its low salary but atleast its legal job...and we dont hurt other people..as long the money we earn in proper way :)