SPECIAL INQUIRY FOR SURINAME

Hi there my name is Kristine and im a Filipino....and ill be going to Suriname to work..Since that country is Non-Visa for us the company that ill be working with is just asking me to bring along with me my birth certificate with apostille just gor immigration requirement...Does anybody of you explain what is apostille means , i already ask it from immigartion in the Phil. but still they cannot understand.

they're asking for authenticated documents. that could be done in DFA in manila

Good luck in Suriname!!

You need to 'legalize' the documents by an official instance in the Filipiness. In holland it is done by the department of justice

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising is not allowed on the forum - please register in the business directory, thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

simple lang basta ipakita mo lahat ng papers mo sa POEA. Then POEA staff will evaluate. saka mo malalaman ang kailangan nilang requirements. sa probinsya ka kumuha para mas madali at mabilis ang pagprocess.. thanks
:)

Hello JINE1925,

You should post only in English on the anglophone Suriname forum so that every member understands.

Thank you in advance,
Bhavna

Hi Kristine... Como esta po? Mabutes?
Well, maybe too late for my reply, but Apostille is kind of agreement, or more precisely a convention to abolish the legalization of documents.. from Wikipedia

It specifies the modalities through which a document issued in one of the signatory countries can be certified for legal purposes in all the other signatory states. Such a certification is called an apostille (French: a marginal note). It is an international certification comparable to a notarisation in domestic law, and normally supplements a local notarisation of the document.

In spanish, "Apostillar"  could be translated as "to legalize a document under The Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents"... when I moved to Libya a long time ago, I did the Apostille on my marriage certificate and university diploma, by :
Validating my diploma with Ministry of Education then Foreign affairs ministry.
Validating my marriage certificate with internal affairs ministry and then foreign affairs ministry.

I hope you are OK