On Self Sufficient for a Married couple how much funds one need have

Request Information Please can any body responde:  For an EU citizen to apply in Malta for self sufficient residence how much funds one has to show or have in Malta.

Would be very thankful for your information

Hi Manu,

the information is really very easy to find! It has been asked and answered many times on the forum.

If you are an EU citizen you only need to have as as much as everybody else in Malta . Basically enough income to live off without bothering the Maltese authorities. They don't really care where it comes from.

If you are not EU it is much more difficult , if not impossible. Then self-sufficient means enough money to buy a Maltese passport.

http://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Infor … 014%29.pdf

You don't need to have the funds in Malta. You just need to have them -)))

Cheers
Ricky

for a married couple, about € 23,000 of savings, and as Ricky says, doesnt have to be in Malta

Dear Ricky,

Thanks.  But when I went to Evan Street immigration office they said the self sufficiency should be a large amount.  I asked them if 50.000 Euro was ok they say more much more

So the amount as per your explanation is clear but as per them its to little one need much much more

national does not necessarily have to work while s/he is living in Malta. However in order to reside here, s/he must be able to support himself/herself and his/her family members accompanying or wishing to join him/her in Malta, without recourse to public funds. The EEA national concerned must be covered by sickness insurance* against all risks whilst in Malta and have sufficient resources not to become a burden on the State. In this respect the above-mentioned Order [Article 11(5)] lays down that such level of resources should be the minimum means which determine the grant of social assistance to Maltese nationals. Currently this should be a capital of at least €14,000 or a weekly income of €92.32 or, in the case of a married couple, a capital of €23,300 or a weekly income of €108.63. Moreover for each other dependent an extra €8.15 should be added.

Thanks.  I will go back but we were told to have much more over but could be our error or the persons giving us information an error.  But my sincere thanks to you and every body who respond God Bless you all Thanks