Moving to Cyberjaya- anybody suggest me a good place to live?

Hi,

Myself Harshit. Moving to Cyberjaya on July. Can you please suggest good place to live.

Hello harshisr and welcome to Expat.com

To help you get more interactions on the forum, please note that a new thread has been created as from your post

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Search on the word "Cyberjaya" above, as this has been discussed recently on the Forum. The housing is more expensive in Cyberjaya because it is new. There is a bus service from Puchong to Cyberjaya and a lot of people choose to live there because the housing costs less.

Places to look at what accommodation (rooms and apartments) is available are:
www.ibilik.mywww.mudah.com.mywww.iproperty.com.my

Any full address you got of your work location? Based on that you can shortlist few areas in and nearby Cyberjaya. Then take Gravitas advise to look for home as per your needs on above sites.

moderated by Julien
reason : advertisement

Thank you all.

My office will be DHL IT Services.

I was asking for full address :)

Anyways, can you confirm if the following is your company address, taken from http://www.putrajaya.gov.my/business/cyberjaya/ ?
DHL (Asia-Pacific Information Services Sdn Bhd)
Asia Pacific Information Services S/B 3509 & 3511,
Jalan Teknokrat 5,
63000, Cyberjaya,
Malaysia. Tel: +60 3-8315 8000

If it is, then I can try and share some near by places. Based on amenities, requirement and your budget (not exactly in same order though!!), you can shortlist and try calling them. Most ads will have whatsapp no that you can reach.

The area is a business park and there is no accommodation closeby.

Are you looking for flat share or your own apartment? You can search on www.ibilik.my and www.mudah.com.my for both.

The area is served by internal shuttle buses and a bus system that goes to other areas around the Klang Valley

Search on "Cyberjaya" in the Forum to find all this out as its been discussed recently.

Moderated by Christine
Reason: you should post your advert in the housing section

Hi Wansham15 - Welcome to Expat-Blog

For greater visibility than just this one posting, please register your property in the Housing section.

We now have a subscription system which means seekers will receive an email each time a new property is added.

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/m … la-lumpur/

Thank you.

Hello,

My address is.
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn Bhd
3509 & 3511, Jalan Teknokrat 5
63000 Cyberjaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Malaysia

I want to spend near to RM 1000 and want separate flat as will be living with my wife.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sorry your budget is far too low in Cyberjaya - a room (i.e. flat share for singles) costs about RM1k-1.3k.  You should look at Puchong as the property is cheaper there.

If you are not going to earn RM5k per month your wife cant accompany you.

Hello,

From Puchong is the too and fro transport easily available specially during odd hours?

My montly salary ill be around RM7.5k

Here is the bus schedule from Puchong.

http://www.cyberjayadts.com.my/default. … ageid=3145

Cyberjaya is not a good place for transport and you really need a car or motorbike (or use taxis for out of hours journeys).

If you go to www.iproperty.com.my you can search on Cyberjaya and put maximum rent at say RM1500 and that will show you what is available.

Harshit,

Map for your office: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Asia- … 2814a4c774

Nearest condos are Shaftsbury Square. You can find a studio at around 1250 (or less depending on the rental period) and in case you wanna go for a bigger home, even they are available here.

http://www.propwall.my/cyberjaya/classi … ;view=listhttp://www.ibilik.my/rooms?keywords=shaftsburyhttp://www.iproperty.com.my/property/se … =&ns=1http://www.mudah.my/Selangor/Properties … 6&st=u

This is 1 KM from your office, 13 mins walking distance, both on the same road)
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Asia-Pa … 2d2.923369

Apart from this there are few like the Cyberia Smarthomes, The Arc, Cyberia Cresent Villa... Just zoom into the above map slowly and you can notice other places very close by.

Good luck !!

Its difficult to walk in the area leading to Cyberjaya as no provision of pavements and sometimes cant cross roads (some are elevated) and because of hedging etc. So would need to really check it out to see if it is feasible. There are shuttles around the Business Park.

Thank you Sandeep and Gravitas. Your suggestion is really very helpful.  :)

One thing to be aware of is whether you are allowed to cook in the apartment. There are a lot of them that do not allow this - so always check before you view anything, if you want to be able to make your own food.

My son is studying in Heriot Watt , Putrajaya and he stays at The Arc, Cyberjaya. 
Many new condos in Cyberjaya for your choosing.  The Arc, usually fully furnished.
Serin Residency,  Domain,   Cyber Heights Villa,  etc.  It's easy to find accommodation.
Food is not great though.

Consider Dpulze. Cyber heights villa. Cyberia smarthomes (if on tight budget) sharing.

Budget and no. of people staying with you?

arun8gb

"I want to spend near to RM 1000 and want separate flat as will be living with my wife."  Is this doable arun9gb do you think?

Dear Harshit,
If Puchong is an option , you could consider Vista Millennium Condo . I have a unit there. You can contact me at [email protected]
I could also update you on short routes to work daily avoiding heavy traffic and highway toll. Rental rates are higher in Cyberjaya , so I know many people living in Puchong and commute daily to DHL Cyberjaya .

I'd be glad to help you in anyway I can. All the best in in your new assignment.

-Tango

Taking your office as the central point, the residential housing in CJ surrounds the city centre from all directions. If you'd like to live close enough to office, you can consider renting in the central part, though most of the housing are quite old given they are the first generation housing in CJ. On the eastern side are the higher end enclaves facing the majestic view of Putrajaya Lake. It is generally quieter than the other areas, great place for privacy. While the western side offers most of the hi-rises and a big chunk of it is under development. Close to the Multimedia University, might have to settle with living with students.

Hi,

I would also be moving to Cyberjaya in July from India.
Solo traveller.
Office would be at Quill 18, Teknokrat 3, Cyber 4.
Any suggestions for an accommodation under 1K?

Thanks in advance

sayanc wrote:

Hi,

I would also be moving to Cyberjaya in July from India.
Solo traveller.
Office would be at Quill 18, Teknokrat 3, Cyber 4.
Any suggestions for an accommodation under 1K?

Thanks in advance

I think your budget is too low for Cyberjaya but you can check it out at www.ibilik.my which has flat sharing or www.mudah.com.my.

Your other choices of areas and bus routes are covered earlier in this thread and you can read about them above. i.e. living in Puchong.

Hi @sayanc

I will be also moving to Cyberjaya on July. Please update me if u book any room there

Hi,

I am based out of Gurgaon now. If possible we can discuss opportunities before reaching there? :cool:

sent u my contact detail in personal chat.

I am currently living in Noida.

Hi
Harshis

I have a house for rent near to Cyberjaya it is around  your budget.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share personal contact infos on a public forum.

Hello nikki kaur and welcome on board

To reach out to people seeking rentals, please drop your advert in our Housing in Kuala Lumpur section of the forum

Kenjee

thanks

There are many apartment you can rent. .. you can try your luck by surfing the net....

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post your offer in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am moving to cyberjaya, my monthly salary will be 8000RM, does it enough to live in cyberjaya or puchong.

From your earlier blog it seems puchong will be chipper than cyberjaya, so i will prefer puchong for stay.

Kundly  assist me with some room rent contact person who will help me to get room, also provide me expences details.

Room rent?
Internat?
Food (Veg)?
Transportation from puchong to cyberjaya?

Can i save 4500 RM after deduction of 26% tax? (monthly salay is 8000RM)

Hi,

Puchong dont have a lot connectivity with Cyberjaya.

In cyberjaya u can get shared flat with master bedroom for RM700 or near. shaftsbury, Domain, Dpulze, serin, cyberia are convenient in terms of market and location. If u own car then can look for other Cyberjaya location too.

With initial 6months tax deduction it will be difficult to save that much.

Hi Harshisr,

Thanks for your reply.

So if there is no much direct connectivity from puchong to cyberjaya, then its batter to stay at cyberjaya.

As per your calculation how much amount i can save if monthly salay is 8000RM.

Regarding tax, we can get tax back after 180 days stay at malaysia, so if i join company in month of 15Jan2015 than can i apply for tax return in month of july 2015.

Hello,

1. Cyberjaya is a small isolated town ~40 Km from KL. The nearest big town is Putrajaya. Public buses are there in Cyberjaya which connect ONLY to Putrajaya  :mad: . Putrajaya has a train station which can be used to go to KL and a lot of buses which connect to other towns. There is a dedicated DTS bus service that connects Cyberjaya to other areas, but they are like chartered bus service where you pay for a particular bus route which picks you up for office at a particular time and take you back at a specific time. So if you do not have a ride or not planning to buy one soon, it is wise to stay at Cyberjaya.
2. Since you do not have transport, in Cyberjaya there are 3 places where there are lots of shops available nearby. Shaftsbury (high end apartments), Dpulze (built on top of the only mall in Cyberjaya, very new) and Domain (oldest with the largest market). There is also Cyberia Smarthomes (with 1-2 shops). Serin, Gardenview, Cyber Heights.. all are about 1 Km or more away from the nearest grocery store. I suggest you check ibilik.my or Mudah.my
3. Regarding tax you need to stay 182 days annually to avail the tax resident tax rates. Generally the tax year is from Jan-Dec. Some companies also deduct at the resident tax rate (not the flat 26%) if you are highly likely to spend more than 182 days in the year. So I suggest that you ask your HR regarding this.
4. Rent : 2/3 BHK ~RM 1500-Rm 2400. So if you want to share with other people then calculate accordingly, Internet : 150 RM per month (again you can split), utilities : Rm 50-70 per month per head, Mobile : RM 30 per month, Food : If you eat outside then ~ RM8 -10 per meal per person, if you cook then assume RM 5 per meal.

Welcome to Cyberjaya :cheers:

Thank you Sayanc.

Is there any specific time for tax file return.

Hemal,

Please refer to this site. This is the income tax department http://www.hasil.gov.my/index.php