Need help to transfer money back to Malaysia

I need help to transfer money back to Malaysia as bank keep rejecting me and wife even my wife is a Vietnamese.The bank asking for labour contract but I don't work here. How can i even prove it when I brought the cash money into Vietnam.

The banks have to reject, if you want to deposit cash, because there is no proof where it came from and banking law does not allow institutions to receive funds which are potentially part of money laundering. The only way to introduce funds to a bank in another country is using a bank-to-bank transfer or a bank cheque to make the deposit.

Your only option is to take it physically back to Malaysia. I guess you are aware of the limits of carrying money when travelling. I think into Malaysia it is the equivalent of USD 10k. I dont know the amount you can take out of Vietnam.

It's just equivalent amount of USD800-900 and it will be send to my mom.I really fed up with Vietnam and and its gov

Its worldwide bank rules. To stop terrorists, gangsters, and drug barons moving money around.

Read this thread because it may be helpful

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=464726

Malaysian Ringgit cannot be deposited into foreign banks, only local or international currencies such as USD, STG, EUR, etc. But it may be possible to exchange into local currency and deposit if you read the above information.

I am holding VND right now and I am aware of the currency restriction.I used to work for a bank in Malaysia and ordinary citizen are allowed to transfer money to oversea without restriction as long as its under MYR10k.The issue is they don't even allow my wife which is Vietnam citizen to send the money.I understand the anti money laundering act but its ridiculous to reject such amount.

READ the thread I indicated to YOU....................!!

that thread mentioning banks in Saigon but I am located in Hanoi.

Do the banks have branches in Hanoi?  Perhaps you should check.

Yeah.i went to few of the same bank branches but still cant be done.

If you are in a desperate situation, you may get in touch with Moneygram. Their head office is in Hanoi. Google it out.
They will literally rip you off...but, they can do it without asking for any document/s. WU will ask for documents as well.
They can deposit the money into  your a/c in Malaysia.

In fact, only your Vietnamese wife (if she still holds her Viet ID card) can do the transfer , NOT  you. Money needs to be paid in VND cash only.
Moneygram will charge around $90 + $20 (their intermediary bank in HK) for a transfer of any amount up to $1k., not sure (could be more).
On top of that  you will lose money on multiple currency conversions.

If your wife has any a/c in her name in Malaysia, she can also transfer money to that  a/c through bank. No problem there.

Thanks for all the reply.I guess I will never stay long term in vietnam anymore unless there are good changes.

I guess you made your mind up very quickly about Vietnam and are homesick...... when you get back you will probably find things you miss about Vietnam - that's the result of mobility........