Recommendations for places to buy second hand car

Morning all,

Now that we have joined my husband here we are looking at buying a second hand car as a run around for me and my son when my husband is using his (he commutes to Saudi and shares the driving with some colleagues!).

Are there any second hand car dealers that you can personally recommend to us?

I have tried to join Mums in Bahrain Classifieds as I suspect that some people might advertise their cars there when moving away, but no luck yet!!

Many thanks

S

hey!

do try expat-blog classifieds sections : https://www.expat.com/en/classifieds/mi … bikes.html

and expatriates.com/ as well..

good luck!

T&R

Second hand dealers on Budaiya Highway near Harley Davidson.
Others in sitra.
I've just bought a second hand VW straight from the dealership.
Alternatively dubizzle or notice boards outside supermarkets etc

Check it in www.expatriates.com => Asia=>Bahrain=>vehicle  section. You will get a plenty of car there. Hopefully you will get one which will suite for you...
Cheers.....

Keep in mind if getting a loan you can only get a car that's max 4 years old though they will sometimes allow 5 years.

We brought a Volvo XC60 from Kanoo in Sitra and was very happy with them.  Saying that there are some amazing cars that are often up for sale from expats leaving.  It all depends on how much you want to spend!

In addition to the advise given above, also take a look at the classified section in the Gulf Daily News. I bought my first car there.

Most leading dealerships have a used car section. You can get some great buys with them. Do call around and you may get lucky.

There are also cars parked on roadsides with "FOR SALE" signs. Try these as well.

Thank you all,
We spent a few days having a look around at various options and have found a decent used car from a dealership which includes everything for a while!!  We should be collecting it at the weekend!! :D

S

Farhaz wrote:

There are also cars parked on roadsides with "FOR SALE" signs. Try these as well.

hmmm... well, if you know what you are doing with engines, that might be good advice. But if you don't know how to check out an engine yourself, there's no telling what you could be buying on the side of the road. And just because they are selling on the side of that road today, it doesn't mean they will be there in a month when your car won't start.

suburbansam wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

hmmm... well, if you know what you are doing with engines, that might be good advice. But if you don't know how to check out an engine yourself, there's no telling what you could be buying on the side of the road. And just because they are selling on the side of that road today, it doesn't mean they will be there in a month when your car won't start.

Any used car runs that risk. One should not go for used cars unless they know how to check all major aspects of it, not just engines.

Farhaz wrote:

unless they know how to check all major aspects of it, not just engines.

right... but it's very easy to learn how to check if your lights and tyres are okay compared to whether your engine timing is potentially disastrous. In other words, if you know how to check an engine, you'll know how to check everything else. But someone who knows how to measure tyre tread depth for safety shouldn't assume that they know if an engine is okay "because it sounds right."  :|

Absolutely.

And those who don't know, like me, need to get a good trusted mechanic to go along with us to check the vehicle out.

You can go to Montrial show room ... a little bit expensive but you'll be sure of all information about the car and no one fraud you ... They've two showrooms one in Hamala and one in Muharraq and they have one in Seef for luxury cars.
Regards,,

Try National Motors, thy hve collection of all types of cars with finance options available

Behbehani at Sitra have a specific second-hand car showroom now.  They also advertise their weekly offers at Expat places like the Rugby Club.  I got a 5 year old A4 covertible there for a good price.  Which leads to the second point also already mentioned - departing Expats,always a good route.  Ironically I will be lleaving shortly and looking to sell on said car if anyone interested....

Did you have any problems with servicing and spare parts for your Volvo? I am planning on buying an XC90. Yes its a nice car, but I don't know if it will be worth it if my car sits with my servicer for 2 weeks if something stops working. That seems to be the case with most European cars in Bahrain. Not the same with a Toyota.