Seeking advices before relocation from the US to Ghana

My name is Fancy and I'm glad to be here.  I'm currently living in California with my husband and we plan to take a trip to Ghana this fall,  We also plan to move to Ghana in the next two years.  Does anyone have any advice for us to assist us in making the move from one country to  another? Both of us have traveled abroad but completely relocated is different from traveling..

If you are moving make sure you are financially sound either by securing employment or having enough savings to allow you to live comfortably whilst you establish a business. Accommodation is very expensive especially if you want constant power and water so be prepared to have to pay around $25000 - $35000 up front for the first years rent. If you can ship a reliable car out here but if that is not possible look out for cars being sold by expats when they are leaving as they can be better than those from dealers. Find out as much as you can about Ghana from this site and others like accraexpat.com which has great guides for information on relocationg plus a good real estate guide.
Despite its challenges Ghana is a great place to live - if you have enough money!

You will definitely need a decent amount of money to live in  Ghana because the cost of living is quite high and be on the look out for over charging because foreigner are called obronis and are charge three to four times higher for things.other than that ghana is a good country

go there for holiday first. where do you want to live? so you can try to get to know some people and also will find out about accomodation possibilities and inform yourself about visa etc. don't forget your vaccination against yellow fever.

just visit the country before anything else,and i hope you will love it

Hkann, are you aware if the rental requirement to pay a year's rent in advance generally applies to the locals as is the case with expats? Just curious about that....

It applies to everyone. Locals usually pay in cedis but expats rent is usually calculated in dollars and  they pay the cedi equivalent

Thanks! Appreciate you willingness to help.

yea l like it when you come to Ghana

where in cali are you