Further to Couriers

Going back to the courier discussion from a while back
Do not know the latest on Enpaq...probably history by now? (Bob, did you ever get your missing Enpaq parcels?)

However , looks like some of the better ones are getting unreliable too,
Although still have no complaints about CPS, without fail reliable and efficient.

Have used them only for parcels so far and for the occasional letter have used EPS in Pedro Clisante, which is more convenient being central.
They have always been pretty good, but of late nothing but problems and not just one. Several.
Three screw ups in a week.
They usually inform you if a letter is waiting by email and I did receive an email a letter had arrived, but when I got there found there was another letter, which I had not received an email about, so had no idea it was there and looks like I had been there for a while..

Then upon checking invoice later, seems I was overcharged for one letter, nearly double what it should be.
Even more serious looks like another letter has not arrived at all, bank sent me two letters one with cash card and separate one, with Pin number for card.
Both posted at same time, bank tells me! Letter with Pin arrived 2 weeks ago ,cash card still no sign of, think I can write that off .Sure looks a bit fishy to me!

Postal problems here really are a sad joke. This was the second attempt to get new card, first time was using normal local post, before realising how utterly useless they are. Now looks even couriers can not be relied on!

Its a good thing I have another valid card at the moment or I would have been truly up S*** Creek financially!.
So have no choice, have to try yet again for third card, my bank is probably getting bit suspicious by now , with all these cards mysteriously disappearing!
Well, Third time lucky I hope!
So guess as CPS have been very good with parcels, might be best using their letter service too, anyone had any experience of that and do they also deliver those to home. like the parcels?

Oh yes a final word a minor miracle happened few weeks back, a letter was actually waiting for me at local PO with cheque for 2000 pounds!  ...seems the thieves were a bit slow there :-)

Still was not much use took over 3 months to surface, so bank cancelled it ages ago as probably stolen.
Christ, here we are in the 21st century, decades after mankind put a man on the moon, and the most simple things like letters or receiving cards, seems beyond the human race now.

Maybe we should bring back the Pony Express from the 1880's damn sight more reliable and faster than present day shambles!
Right end of rant, just wiping the foam from mouth :-)

First  -  mail  service -  don't even go there. don't use it  don't count on it.

Couriers - some of the issue is the new reporting requirements put onto the courier companies by Customs.  Each and every package needs to be accompanied by a commercial receipt OR you must report that is is a gift etc and it slows everything down.

CPS -  I have used them now for years without an issue. At one point they were more expensive then others, but now they are  same as the rest  cost wise and their service appears superior.

I've been using CPS for almost two years now and never a problem - except that one time when I had to order a new bank card , after waiting  weeks i contacted the bank again and  my bank simply issued another new card but this time  they sent it fedex ( they charged me 25 bucks)and I just picked it up at the local office here, and don't you know it a few days afterwards CPS notified me I had first class mail  and it turned out to be the darn bank card!!

>First  -  mail  service -  don't even go there. don't use it  don't count on it.

Yes of course, I  already said that! Lessons learned and all that!

>Couriers - some of the issue is the new reporting requirements put onto the courier companies by Customs.  Each >and every package needs to be accompanied by a commercial receipt OR you must report that is is a gift etc and it >slows everything down.

Yes, know about that too, although can not see why that should affect simple letters, which was the issue here!

@Cloop
>and don't you know it a few days afterwards CPS notified me I had first class mail  and it turned out to be the darn >bank card!!

Mmmh,sadly seems even CPS is not infallible then :-(

Yeah, Perhaps should go the route you did and ask bank if they can do FedEx, which assume also has offices in Europe.
It will cost but at least have chance of finally getting a damn card at 3rd attempt and ending this farce that has been going on for months!.

No, the stuff from encargo pac have gone to outerspace.  Still waiting a refund from one.

We have now used CPS for the last 4 months or so and shipped in a dozen packages.  None lost, none broken, none stolen and ALL delivered on time or earlier than expected.  Oh and service A++++

Bob K

Nothing is perfect, especially here.  Even FedEx has lost things, personal experience speaking.

My earlier post was not meant to be specific to the OP but rather general to the topic.  :D

well, I just got back from EPS  after complaining about the previous matters. They were quite helpful and we had a discussion. seems the case was not as clear cut as I thought -in fact I was not over-charged
It now seems.reason one cost more was because it was a registered letter.

And apparently they do not notify you by email, if you receive letters, They only do that for registered mail and parcels.
As for the missing cash card .The reason there are problems is, because EPS did not make it very clear what their procedures are.
From what I can gather if you are expecting a registered letter, it should be sent to the parcel address! Naturally as it was a letter I thought it would have to be sent to the PO Box mail address!

No one at EPS ever mentioned registered letters must go to parcel address!

Discussed that with them and they agreed, could have been handled better with information made clearer. So reliability wise EPS probably still OK - just be aware registered letters go to parcel address or could be problems - like missing cash cards.

So now the fun begins, have to write to the bank to see if they have tracking number for the registered mail with card, and once I have this EPS will try and trace it as it must be somewhere in the US postal system!

Really don't need this- more weeks of damn hassle , but thats life especially around these parts where it seems nothing is ever simple!

@ Bok K

>No, the stuff from encargo pac have gone to outerspace. 

ah Mars perhaps? well at least some Martian will enjoy them  :-)

>We have now used CPS for the last 4 months or so and shipped in a dozen packages.  None lost, none broken, none >stolen and ALL delivered on time or earlier than expected.  Oh and service A++++

Yeah same here, no probs at all so far!

Planner,   I know that this is off topic,but I miss your photo when you post.   Was it a bad hair day or are you having a new photo done?   I miss your visage....... Woe is me..........

Hey Gypsy,  thanks!  I took it down as I was receiving too many "proposals"...... I will put one back up honey.

Who is that girl?????????????/
Bob K

We are not sure Bob..................

There is an imposter among us??????????????

Bob K

Could be a cardboard cutout.... :lol:

Cardboard cutout...now that is funny

Bob K