Sahha.

:sosad:
It is with sadness that I have to leave Gozo. Family reasons mean I have to leave on May 27th.
I am leaving for no other reason than I have to be in the UK from then onwards but staying as long as I can, eaking out my time here for as long as possible.
I have tried to give advice and comment from a genuine sense of helping others. It's what I do (part of the reason of going back).
Some have been offended by some of my posts, sorry but..........................................there you go.
I absolutely love Gozo and have done so since 1977 and perhaps, I may return one day.
For retirees and others who have the time; it's a great place and I have met so many kind people.
As I will no longer be in a position to comment from when I leave, I will cease contributing then.

(Deafened by cheers from the affronted  :whistle:  )

as a regular opponent  -  and with many opposing views - sad to hear you are moving on....

nb i have moved on to but i still think like me - you can make valuable contributions to this community

Despite never having ever met you - your views may have upset a few people but I honestly believe that your information given freely was borne out of helping people make the right decisions ...

and for that I thank you

and wish you luck and good fortune in the future.

redmik wrote:

:sosad:
It is with sadness that I have to leave Gozo. Family reasons mean I have to leave on May 27th.
I am leaving for no other reason than I have to be in the UK from then onwards but staying as long as I can, eaking out my time here for as long as possible.
I have tried to give advice and comment from a genuine sense of helping others. It's what I do (part of the reason of going back).
Some have been offended by some of my posts, sorry but..........................................there you go.
I absolutely love Gozo and have done so since 1977 and perhaps, I may return one day.
For retirees and others who have the time; it's a great place and I have met so many kind people.
As I will no longer be in a position to comment from when I leave, I will cease contributing then.

(Deafened by cheers from the affronted  :whistle:  )

I genuinely believe you will be missed , you might not always say things in the right way but you really do give some great advice.
i hope that the future is good for you and that you end up where your meant to be whether thats returning to gozo in the future or statying in the UK.
Know this for sure though that no matter our differences etc i respect all the help and advice you have given and i do hope that you wil at least be around in some capacity because it would be a shame to lose all your knowlegde and expereince

anyway I wish you and your family well

You have ruffled a few feathers at times on here Mick, but I never thought it was intentional on your part. You're a scouser AND ex-military, in my view that does explain a lot.  ;)

I agree with Toon, you have a fountain of knowledge about Malta and Gozo, not just from your recent stay but from decades ago, so I don't think you should stop posting here just because you are no longer a resident. I'm sure many other new-comers would benefit from your continued advice and help.

Good luck with your trip home, I hope it all goes smoothly. You'll be home in time for the 3 weeks of English summer weather. Enjoy it while it lasts.  :P

Remember one thing Red - its not like you would be contributing and not having lived in and experienced Malta / Gozo first hand is it LOL

am sure that will not go down too well in certain quarters.

But hey ho

:/ 

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/profile01/152/d2b4ca7bc5654c858b37466b60586aeb/p.png

Thank you and yes, my sense of humour and 'head on' approach is not always appreciated and I have never been known to back down in public. Those that know me though and have met me also know I'm a 'pussycat'.

Ouch - I felt that all the way from Indonesia. :D
Good luck to the OP in his new environment.

This callsign is now going silent, going mobile, moving to new location. Ciao!
Sahha....................and thanks for all the fish  :)

redmik, you, your maltese knowledge and your posts have  been really helpul to me these lasts months. I might have disagreed with you on some subjects from time to time, but you know how to explain your position and you're open to discussion and I profoundly respect that. Hope everything will go smoothly for you, have a safe trip home.

Take care of yourself Mick, it's been a pleasure to read you these (almost) last 3 years