Looking for good beach, good healthcare and reliable internet!

Those are pretty much our desires.  Looking for something outside the U.S. - maybe somewhere in Caribbean?  After living in Phoenix since 1972, I have a hard time dealing with humidity, but definitely willing to try and acclimate. Does anyone have suggestions on where all of these things exist??  I think we're about ready to retire or semi-retire anyway.  We were thinking Puerto Rico because it's still connected to U.S., but after reading all the blogs, the healthcare system down there sounds awful, and good, reliable internet is really hard to come by.  We're ready to travel and explore our options so any help/suggestions from this Blog would be great!  We would also like to find something with a reasonable cost of living - but hey...a good beach, a pair of shorts/tank top, and flip flops - who could ask for more?  Oh yeah - the good healthcare and consistently reliable internet.  LOL!  Thoughts and comments are appreciated!  We're ready to pack!

Well, Cayman has the three things you're looking for, though it might be a bit expensive for you. How much are you looking to spend? What does SEMI-retire mean, for you? Who is your "we"? Why would you want to stay connected to the US, anyway, when most intending US retirees are looking to get out of there? Would you have to complement your present income? How many months of the year would you want to stay in your retirement place? Lots of questions!

Cayman's government doesn't really welcome retirees, but that sort of thing is not always fatal to the dream. We've lived here since 1978, and it's pretty comfortable, as long as you can afford it. (My wife and I worked here, before retiring.) In September 2012 I wrote a couple of blogs called "Looking for Bolt-holes", which you can check out on my website, if you think they might be useful. And, there are plenty of other bloggers in the Caribbean - mostly closer to your age than I am. Good luck with the search.

Hi cogeneration,

As you are thinking of establishing in Central America and in the caribbeean, i have moved your post on the Central America forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla