Renting, how?

Can, with only a U.S. passport, I lawfully rent an apartment in Honduras?

Or, are those who visit frequently for ninety days at a time limited to hotels?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel_T, you can easily rent out an apartment in Honduras, no problem. Where are you headed to? I bought a place down there after renting for so many times, since I travel there often, I love the place. I'm just crossing my fingers that when it's completely built it pays itself afterwards with rental money.

Perhaps I would like to rent from you.

My question is difficult for me to state. Would I be able to enter a lease to live in an apartment, yet leave the country and re-enter every ninety days while the term of the lease is a longer duration than any one visit?

Hey Daniel_T, yeah I don't think there would be a problem with that, leasing there isn't very difficult as long as you pay on time. My villa in Tela won't be finished until another 10 months from now I think, where are you looking to go? Maybe I can have one of my guys in Honduras look into places for you and ask around.

You should have no problem with renting or leasing. All anyone cares about is that you pay your rent on time.

:top:

H,

You don't have to be a resident to rent or sign a lease in Roatan or anywhere else in the country. With the lease it is your place so you can come and go as you please, anywhere you want and that would include out of the country. It is no different than in North America. When your 90 days are up you either apply for an extension or go on a vacation out of the country for a few days. If for some reason you will be out of the country at the end of the month when rent is due, either pay it in advance, get a trustworthy friend to pay for you or do a Paypal, bank transfer or wire transfer depending where you are and what you prefer. It is very easy.