Looking for a job in Information and technology in Canada

Hey guys,

Am Juma from Nairobi, Kenya. I wish to find a good college to study Information Technology in Canada. ANy leads

Hello jrayyans,

Welcome on board!

I have created a new thread from your previous post in the Canada forum, as it was not really in the subject.

I suggest you have a look and download the Living in Canada guide, as a first step, for info in order to know how to prepare your relocation.

Articles like Study in Canada, might be of a help as well.

Thank you and good luck!
Marjorie :cheers:

@jrayyans,

Personally, I'd prefer to recommend people to go to community colleges and get an associate degree. Unlike universities that do not help impart hands-on knowledge, despite the claim they (universities) they aid with critical thinking and all that crap. At the end of the day, employers wants folks who have the actual skill set, and Community Colleges are the way to go. Unless of course you're the type that is independent and a go-getter, you can still enroll in a CS course in a university but make it good if you do more than your coursework.

So, for community colleges, I don't know much more than in Nova Scotia and in Ontario. For NS, NSCC (NS Community College) is pretty good. Then in Ontario, you can go for Humber College or Mohawk College. For Universities, Toronto University and McGill has one of the better CS courses. UNB (University of New Brunswick) and also StFx or Acadia in NS too have pretty good bachelors degree in IT/CS. I wouldn't recommend Dalhousie University's bachelors