One day I want to be a teacher in England

Dear All,
I have a degree from an asian country. Please tell me how to become a teacher in England. What qualification they require, I have my Post Graduate diploma in Education + BA. I am fond of the teaching methodology applied by the UK. It is interactive and one to one attention is given. So I like  to be a teacher there and want to know how to be.

Please help me. I am unable to spend money on courses. Suggest me way of doing

Is there a way of starting even as an assistant teacher though I have got 8 years experience.

srsusan,

I presume you are an Indian national, therefore your main issue is to legally settle in the UK.

You need a work permit/work visa to work here. Work permits are issued to non EU nationals only in cases where a candidate with similar qualifications and experience is not available locally, I could be wrong but I do not remember seeing teachers among the list of professions and qualifications approved for such exceptions.

www.ukimmigration.com › Work Permits
www.workpermit.com › News › UK Immigration News

These are some of the sites that could give you broad knowledge, please be careful, most of these sites are not updated to latest amendments therefore the best bet will be to inquire at British High commission office in Mascat with a specific query.   :)