Filipine Culture

If you think Filipine Culture is anything like Western Culture you will be in for a big shock. One example would be speaking in a loud voice or being rude to a Filipino. You can expect people to not like you. Filipinos are about saving face whereas Western folks seem to be in your face. So don't expect Filipinos to tell you how they really feel because they will not. There are many others differences, my wife has been very helpful to me. The best thing to do is just be nice. Most often you will get what you want if you just ask in a polite way. Try to just ignore what you do not like, it is not worth getting upset about.

hughes3864 wrote:

If you think Filipine Culture is anything like Western Culture you will be in for a big shock..

After 20+ years with a Filipina wife,, I agree with that totally...

From what I hear though, It is the Western man that is expected to adapt more than the Filipina.  Although there are some that do adapt a lot better than others.

Mostly what I have adapted to is keeping my mouth shut, not being angry and being polite to others. I find it very easy to make Filipino friends. This is not the place to have enemies.
Brad

Exactly.  The biggest compliment  I get is that I am always happy, never complain.  Means a lot to the family.