Work permit in Brazil

Hello,

I am in Brazil on a tourist visa and would like to stay long term. I am a personal trainer and weight loss coach and have found a local company that is interested in hiring me. I have a diploma in Kinesiology which applies to this field, as well as 9 other certifications which qualify me to do this work. What are the steps to get a work permit to work legally?

I do not work with or provide any kind of medical service and the company is not hiring me to provide medical services. My work includes only exercise and basic lifestyle recommendations.

Has anyone done this before? Do you have any advice for me?

Obrigado!

You apply for a VITEM-V Work Visa through the Ministério de Trabalho in Brazil, among the other documents you will require your prospective employer to apply on your behalf stating that you have been offered an employment contract and request permission from the Ministry to hire you and issuance of the visa.

Unfortunately, the bad news is that the bureaucracy in this country is such that you must return to your country of origin in order that the Consulado-Geral do Brasil there afix the visa to your passport, and this MUST be done in person, not by a third party.

A VITEM-V Work Visa is issued for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further 2 years on the company proving you are still needed. The visa can be transformed into a VIPER Permanent Visa after 3 years in Brazil, upon request.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

hello James is there a personal contact email i can get from you? I am an intern for a company who interviews experts on living abroad situations.