If Kuwait needs expats why does the system not support them

Been only a short time in Kuwait and must say I am seriously disappointed it seems that the industry needs workers and the authorities do everything possible to make it difficult. It took 3 months for my civil ID to be issued and for the last 2 months I have been trying to make visa for my family and every time there is a new rule and the documents are not right it's like a cat playing with a ball of wool and the people working in the powerful positions are enjoying making life difficult.

Personally I have seen enough of what Kuwait has to offer and am now working my notice and will leave at the end of the month

I'm fortunate to have the skill that I don't need to stay here and wish all expats who feel the same as me the best of luck in finding a country who appreciates them

Ha, the million dinar question. 

From my perspective, too much people (especially other expats) benefit from things being chaotic.  Things flow relatively smoothly for Kuwaitis thus they have little reason to care.  Expats are disposable, after all you could spend 20, 30, even 40 years here and still be considered a foreigner. 

The more efficient and transparent things become the harder for some to make money.  And once money is following that is important. Might as well enjoy while you can, tick the box - been-there-done-that and leave when you are ready.

There is not that vision or clarity of what Kuwait wants to become. Listen to Shekh Maktoum  and Zayad before of Dubai talk - a vision of the future. Like it or leave it Dubai has a vision.  Kuwait has nto clarified its position as yet. Fortunately or unfortunately Kuwait sits above abundant easy oil.

part of the overlying issue is the internal battle here as to what ratio of national to expat that they want ... there's a large push within the system (government) to lower the ratio severely, and many of the rule changes reflect that policy ... yet there's another group within the system that do recognize the economic explications to these changes and see them as impractical ... bottom line reverts back to what the Trini mentioned, how it effects the flow of money to different pockets ... a lot is just political end-playing, and the expats are seen as just a few of the pawns within a larger game