Sport

I'm a real sports fanatic & would just love to play some sports with some like-minded people.

I am looking to form an indoor or outdoor football team (or both) if possible. Unfortunately I am new to Ho Chi Minh city so I am not sure about what leagues are available but once I/we have a team we can check it out.

I'm also very keen on all water sports, all beach sports, rugby & cricket (I realise those 2 aren't very big here but still), softball & baseball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, squash etc.

I also enjoy watching sport (especially football) so if that's more your thing let me know too.

If you are keen for anything above don't hesitate to reply!

You may be interested in the Saigon Swans Australian Rules football team (now apparently renamed Vietnam Swans. they have an active social circle and play friendly games against Hanoi and teams from other ASEAN countries from time to time.  see
vietnamswans.com/

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

On Anzac Day, coming April 25...the Vietnam Swans are taking on the Singapore Wombats at the Vung Tau Dog Racing Track.

Hey, I might even be able to get down for that! Thanks.

You would be best of playing Soccer (Football), Basketball and Cricket. Those sports have the most teams and most competition, other sports might have games every couple of months ...

If you like bar sports, have a look at the Saigon Pool League www.saigonpoolleague.com - lots of opportunity to meet people from the community, many whom are playing other sports including football.

My boyfriend plays cricket, rugby & afl in all the vietnam's clubs.

check out our blog to find out more :)

You can contact him via our blog, we do pretty much all the sports in saigon!
http://www.adventurefaktory.com/categor … ss/sports/

Akovalev wrote:

My boyfriend plays cricket, rugby & afl in all the vietnam's clubs.

check out our blog to find out more :)

You can contact him via our blog, we do pretty much all the sports in saigon!
http://www.adventurefaktory.com/categor … ss/sports/

Is your bf Australian ?? lol

yup

I don't know if you consider this a sport, but I've been playing Dodgeball Monday and Wednesday nights in D3 and it's really really fun! Large group of both expats and Vietnamese, young crowd.

josieberg23 wrote:

I don't know if you consider this a sport, but I've been playing Dodgeball Monday and Wednesday nights in D3 and it's really really fun! Large group of both expats and Vietnamese, young crowd.

What is the M/F ratio ??

Dodgeball sounds like a blast! No pun intended... Can I join??

sghsaigon wrote:
josieberg23 wrote:

What is the M/F ratio ??

Is it open to anyone?