Living in Dili with an infant and pregnant

Hi all,

Hoping I can get a few answers. My husband, baby and I are moving to Dili and we'd also want to have another child possibly while we are still there. I wanted to know what medical facilities are available, in particular for birthing and Pediatric care. Also does anyone know about licences over there? Would we need one? Any other information on living there would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Unfortunately I don't have any information about living in Dili with an infant, but I wanted to connect with you as we are also moving to Dili with an infant in August, for a few years. How old will your child be? We have one girl who is 3 years old, and one boy who will be around 6 months when we move to Dili. We come from Norway and the UK. Would also love to hear from anyone with experience about the pediatric care in Dili.

If you're interested, it would be great to meet up once in Dili, as we will all be new to the country and so that our babies can play together! :-)

Best,
Christina

I've been having a look in to care over there and stamford medical seems to be the way to go for westerners medical care. But I guess it will be a matter of checking it all out over there. It would be great to get in touch there. I only have one child who will be 1 in August.

Thanks for your reply, good to finally see the concrete name of a good medical center there. :-). Are you coming from the US? Have you joined the Facebook page 'Dili Expats'? I have a pending request and am hoping to get some answers to other questions about living in Dili with children once approved. Would indeed be great to get in touch once we're there. What will you be doing in Dili?

No I haven't joined the facebook group yet, but I will. I'm from Australia and will be doing humanitarian work over there. How about you?

Will also be doing humanitarian work :-). My husband will be looking after the kids to begin with, and then we'll see what he ends up doing...