Foreign teachers need a degree in "language & paedagogy"?!? :o

How y'all doing?

This is kinda embarrassing. For months, a language center has been wooing me. They upped the salary, guaranteed the hours etc. They have had difficulties preparing the contract but then they kept assuring me to <trust them>.

Fast forward. Now a degree from a UK university is not good enough when combined with >5 years' experience?
Since when do all foreign teachers require literature & paedagogy degrees?!?

Am wondering if this is some b.s. invention as they found someone else? It's hard to tell. But something tells me that less than 10% of all foreign teachers working in Vietnam will have the right degree... In case this is a matter of the local province: DA NANG area (Quang Nam?)

Never before have I encountered more dishonest time-wasters! What's up with that?

In accordance with the Decree concerning foreign teachers of English,as well as other positions within Vietnam,the degree must be relevant to the position being applied for. So an English teacher needs an English teaching degree. A sales and marketing manger needs a degree in marketing. Before,if someone had a degree in 'Arts,minority culture',they could apply because they had a piece of paper that said Degree. Not anymore officially.

Thanks, Jim.

In the mean time, there are xxxx folks flying under the radar? Some will always be more equal than others?

Good luck filling those vacancies!

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this thread.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: