Which country I may want to relocate

Hi Fellow Bloggers,

I am planning to visit Belize, Costa Rica and Panama hopefully by the end of the year. Then I want to decide which country I may want to relocate to.

I would appreciate any and all helpful information.

Thanks,
Faith

Well if it helps Faith we started in Mexico and worked our way south.  Looked long and hard at Mexico for four years, and Belize for one.  Frequent trips to them.  We bought land in Costa Rica in 2010 and are very happy with our decision.  We built a house on an acreage last year and arrived here for good in September of last year.  We love it here.  I cannot comment on Panama as we never made it that far south.  I would suggest a preliminary visit of at least a month (especially in Costa Rica as the climate varies greatly) to even experience the different areas.  After you narrow it down a few return visits would be in order.  We started looking in about 2004 well in advance of retirement.  We both retired in August of last year knowing we had done our homework.
Cheers .... Terry

Hi Terry,
Thank you for responding to my post.  Your information was helpful. I definitely planned to visit more than once and for as long as possible.
My next step is to find reasonable housing for the time I am there.  I have started to investigate the options. I think if I come down and stay in a hotel for a few days I should be able to find a rental.
Any suggestions on how to find housing for short term?
Again, thank you for your information and help.

Faith

For a short term rental you might consider a bed and breakfast.  I will give you some links in our area and hopefully others can chime in about their area.  My wife and I have personally stayed at these three bed and breakfasts;
1) In Escazu (the outskirts of San Jose) Casa Laurin
2) In Ciudad Colon Casa Bella Rita
3) In Puriscal Finca las Alturas

We also rented houses by the week when we were considering what we were going to do, here are some houses that rent out in our community.
We have stayed in both houses in this link.
We have stayed in house 20 in this link, depending on the time of year weekly rates can be negotiated.
Cheers .... Terry