New Iqama transfer rule?

@TLL My employer informs me the process of my Iqama transfer has been completed from the Labor office and it is now at the Passport office. Could you explain how much time should I be looking at further?

Dear friends!
I am working in a public university more than two years. The university does not need my services anymore. My current job will finish in the middle of the academic year (after first semester)(2012-2013). I have offer from a private university. The main issue I am facing is the education of my four kids. I want to get iqama transfer but my current university may not agree. In this case I will have to go on final exit and get new visa to come back for joining new job. But in this case the education of my  children will be effected severely. Any suggestion or solution of the problem will be highly appreciated.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

You have to complete 1 year only.

It's not a big issue, some companies agree on offering a job with delayed sponsorship change requirement agreement. So, go ahead and look for a job.

It's good for you in fact ;)

Guys, please give sponsorship change enough time. Don't you ever jump for it. Make use of probation periods, understand the company culture and your suitability to the offered job and environment. Then gradually start thinking about sponsorship change decision.

Dear thelegendLeads,

I want to transfer iqama to my new sponsor. I have heard i can not transfer iqama before 2 yrs of service wid my first  sponsor but looking at your post i see that i can transfer after 1 yr. can u post any official link endorsing 1 yr rule for iqama transfer. Because i surfed the internet and all i can see is minimum of 2 yrs of service with first sponsor in kingdom. My kafeel has no objection but he is insisting me to confirm the rule.
Please advise me on that. Thanks.

i just came to saudia and i want to know that can i transfer my iqama

Farhan121 wrote:

Dear thelegendLeads,

I want to transfer iqama to my new sponsor. I have heard i can not transfer iqama before 2 yrs of service wid my first  sponsor but looking at your post i see that i can transfer after 1 yr. can u post any official link endorsing 1 yr rule for iqama transfer. Because i surfed the internet and all i can see is minimum of 2 yrs of service with first sponsor in kingdom. My kafeel has no objection but he is insisting me to confirm the rule.
Please advise me on that. Thanks.

The rule was changed back to 02 yrs.

asad.malik61 wrote:

i just came to saudia and i want to know that can i transfer my iqama

If you current employer is in green category, you have to wait for 02 yrs to complete.

Salamaikum,

I hope inshallah some one will help me , I want to transfer my visa, I have completed 2 years with my kafeel and my present company is ready to do the transfer my issue is: My kafeel is in Hail he has provided me the 3 letters for transfer but the jawazat paper was having a false chamber of commerce. I have returned the paper to my kafeel now he has sent me a new set of 3 papers saying that he has renewed is chamber of commerce, now my company is saying that jawazat is asking for similar chamber stamp worth 25 riyals from Riyadh when I went to the Chamber office in Riyadh they informed me that my kafeel chamber is expired and they will not do Riyadh chamber again. I called my kafeel's agent he told me that the chamber was expired for 2 years and after paying the zakat it was renewed and again it has been expired on the 1 Rajab, he is also asking me to tell my company to approach Jawazat without the chamber of Riyadh and this time transfer will be done as the stamp is real. Please help me is this regard as what can I do now.

Note: the stamp of chamber contains the name of y kafeel and the registration number.

Salamaikum Br Salman,

I hope inshallah you help me , I want to transfer my visa, I have completed 2 years with my kafeel and my present company is ready to do the transfer my issue is: My kafeel is in Hail he has provided me the 3 letters for transfer but the jawazat paper was having a false chamber of commerce. I have returned the paper to my kafeel now he has sent me a new set of 3 papers saying that he has renewed is chamber of commerce, now my company is saying that jawazat is asking for similar chamber stamp worth 25 riyals from Riyadh when I went to the Chamber office in Riyadh they informed me that my kafeel chamber is expired and they will not do Riyadh chamber again. I called my kafeel's agent he told me that the chamber was expired for 2 years and after paying the zakat it was renewed and again it has been expired on the 1 Rajab, he is also asking me to tell my company to approach Jawazat without the chamber of Riyadh and this time transfer will be done as the stamp is real. Please help me is this regard as what can I do now.

Note: the stamp of chamber contains the name of y kafeel and the registration number.

muj_jb wrote:

Salamaikum,

I hope inshallah some one will help me , I want to transfer my visa, I have completed 2 years with my kafeel and my present company is ready to do the transfer my issue is: My kafeel is in Hail he has provided me the 3 letters for transfer but the jawazat paper was having a false chamber of commerce. I have returned the paper to my kafeel now he has sent me a new set of 3 papers saying that he has renewed is chamber of commerce, now my company is saying that jawazat is asking for similar chamber stamp worth 25 riyals from Riyadh when I went to the Chamber office in Riyadh they informed me that my kafeel chamber is expired and they will not do Riyadh chamber again. I called my kafeel's agent he told me that the chamber was expired for 2 years and after paying the zakat it was renewed and again it has been expired on the 1 Rajab, he is also asking me to tell my company to approach Jawazat without the chamber of Riyadh and this time transfer will be done as the stamp is real. Please help me is this regard as what can I do now.

Either the kafeel is lying in terms of renewal, the release letters needs to be attested from the chamber in order to validate its authenticity.  Another reason he cannot do this could also mean that he is in red and all his services are suspended. As a solution try approaching the labor office with these letters and check with them as to the kafeel's status and if in red get the letters endorsed from them or request them to transfer to the new company through them under the grace period.

Hi, after working 3 years in Jeddah,alhamduila just got transferred to my new employer in Riyadh after my company in Jeddah releases me in 1 month full of struggle and giving me the 3 letters which are stated at the demand letter from the new employer, my question is if  I have given a chance to transfer for the 1st time is it possible again to be release by the 2nd employer and transfer again to a new employer and so? please your kind advice.

thank you Expat.com