Anybody living in or near Vincovci?

I'm doing some research on the old Simplon Orient Express. Vincovci used to be a noted stop on the Orient Express routes before WWII as trains were recombined there coming from/to Istanbul, Athens, and south from Austria.

I'm trying to gather some basic information about Vincovci and a volunteer there could be of great help in obtaining some information about the city, its history, and the train station there. I have contacted the city's historical society and museum, but they seem to be too busy to assist.

Best regards,
Leo B.
Washington, DC

Hello Leo,

I don't live near Vinkovci but I had heard that it was a noted stop on the Orient Express. It's been a few years, but I seem to recall that a major portion of Agatha Christie's 'Murder on the Orient Express' was set at or near that stop. You may want to check that though.

Good luck with your research.

Douglas

Sorry it took me so long to find this message. I forgot to put the site name on my whitelist and it ended up in the spam folder.

Yes, the Agatha Christie book is the basis for the research I'm doing, which also incorporates the 1974 film. In the book Vincovci is specifically mentioned 14 times but without any explanation of why,

Still hoping for some help from there.

Thanks.