Destination Wedding

Hello again,
This may be a shot in the dark but has anyone had a destination wedding in PR? My fiance proposed to me last weekend and we are toying with idea of having a destination wedding. From what I hear its a lot cheaper than having it in Mexico or Hawaii. I'm in the beginning stages of planning, and I just want to know your experiences. Thanks!

There are a lot of good services here on the island to coordinate weddings ... also remember, no passport needed, it's safer than Mexico  AND if you are Catholic, priests CAN marry you on the beach by special permission of the Bishop.     if you are interested, i can find some names.

Congratulations! My wife and I loved our wedding in Fajardo. But, she and her family are locals so they knew who to contract with. Good luck!

Look up www.elcoquiofrincon. It's an online newspaper for Rincon. They have some terrific places that specialize in weddings. They will be in the advertisements.

You forgot .com, Gregg :)http://www.elcoquiofrincon.com/

Thanks for your input guys! I was thinking about having it on the East coast because that's all I know. The more research I do, its looking more like the west coast is better not only for pricing but the scenery is just beautiful! I definitely will be looking for a planner so if you all know anyone let me know!

I'll see what I can find on the West... RIncon??  Aqualilla?? I always stay at the Courtyard when I work out there.... not very fancy but they have lots of rooms and the price is pretty good,

i'll see what i can find.

mrp

Also, you can get direct Jet Blue flights to Aquadilla from NY i believe.

I'm thinking Rincon, but still open to the East coast

It's a bit cliche, but we did ours in Vieques. PM me if you have questions or want more info.

www.rinconprweddingplanner.com/www.marialugopr.com/

gopuertorico.about.com › ... › Getting Married in Puerto Rico

www.rincon.org/weddings-in-rincon/www.tropicalweddingspr.com/www.rosalinamomentus.comwww.doradobeachclubs.com/-weddings-at-dorado-beach

Congratulations.  We have seen lovely weddings at the Copamarina Resort in Guanica, which has very nice accommodations  and a lovely beachfront.  It costs much less than resorts on the north or east coasts; the closest airport is Ponce, although since you have to rent a car to get to the resort, it isn't terrible to drive from SJU.  The trouble with the west coast hotels is that they are more motel-like and very few are on the beach.