Moving to Mauritius

Morning, What are the regulations and specifics for obtaining residency in Mauritius? We are South Africans. I have been to Mauritius many times and my Husband is in the Horse Racing Industry and I am in the Wedding Industry . I am wanting a healthy Safe life for my Family. Please any info would be much appreciated.

Hi Meljane,

Here are maximum details relating to Permanent Residency in Mauritius. Click on the link below to read on it:

http://www.investmauritius.com/faqs/pr-permit.aspx

Hope it helps. :-)

Cheers,
Asheel

Hi
Am also interested in moving to Mauritius from Johannesburg South Africa .My husband is an HOD Educator and I am doing my BED. I want to know what the salaries for educators are in Mauritius.

Hi Mayamo,

Please check your private message.

Regards,
Asheel

hii asheel... i saw u hv replied for the questions in the blog. me n my husband both educators n like to move to Mauritius. how do v find a job there. pls let me kno some details. n the about da salaries for teachers. v r sri lankans. n also have a daughter of age 7. please pass sum information. thank you

Hello Lanka  :)

Do check your private message.

Cheers!

I moved from JHB to MUR 2 months ago and loving it here.

It is quite difficult to get a job as a Teacher in Mauritius.  International schools have dropped their foreign teachers take on to about 7. 
To be honest Mauritius don't really need foreign teachers as they are all capable here (except for certain subjects ofcourse). 
The ICT sector is booming at the moment and if you find a company that needs your skills you are pretty set.  There is a huge demand for Developers/BA's/Testers etc.