Information required - KL

Hi Everyone,

I got an offer (permanent role) from a reputed software company which is in KL. i have been offered for RM 7500 (excluding Tax). Can any one of you please tell me, whether i can manage with the salary what they are offering me or not? How about the cost of living in Malaysia. I am quite tensed about the pay. Currently, i am in Bangalore and my annual CTC is 5.7L and i have 4 years of IT experience.

Can any one of you assist me on costs of room rent, Transportation, Food, Mobile exp.

Thanks in advance.

____Shanmu.

You can check out property rentals in the Housing section above - the property age and area affect the cost.  If you want a flat share, take a look at www.ibilik.my - search on the areas close to where the employer is located and there are public transport links (unless you will rent a car for RM1500 per month or buy). Otherwise take a browse through the COL section on Exat Blog as there is lots of information readily available. Your tax will be about RM850 per month. For further guidance work out what your current salary is in Malaysian Ringgit.

Hi shanmu,

for room rent you can already get RM800-1,500 decent and near LRT stations home

transportation and communication can be RM300

food maybe RM1,000

total RM2,800 i am putting it at a maximum level and even you can limit yourself to level your expenses at RM2,000.

thanks

eva

Thanks Eva :)

Thank you so much for the valuable info :)