From Louisville need to meet people and go out

Hi, my name is amira,  im from louisville,kentucky usa.  born and raised.   

I currently have moved to el kef, tajerouine tunsia..  beautiful country, love the arabic language, love the people...

but am really missing back home, i do wish i would have learned arabic or at least french before coming to live in tunisia, I moved here with my husband, and am trying to adjust to the lifestyle here, which everything is completely different, and different is a good thing,  just  I do not understand much of anything people say, and i really am in need of conversation and friends who reside in tunisia.

I need to tour, get out of the house more, my husband works all day, so i sit in his familys house all day just staring at the walls literally.  since i can not understand his mother, or anyone. I stay in silence.

His brothers wife knows a little english, and we use a translator to communicate, but she is gone for a while now. 

I really just need friends here.  If i do not get out of this house soon and do something.. i will go crazy

Hey Amira and welcome on board Expat.com

To give you a greater visibility on the forum, kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Tunisia forum

Participating on threads in our Networking in Tunisia section of the forum is a good way to make friends.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Amira,

Welcome to Tunisia! I just moved here a month ago, I am from America, specifically Orlando, Florida. I can understand the need to speak with someone who speaks English. If you would like to get together for a cup of tea one day, let me know. I live in Menzah 6 and we can coordinate a day to meet up. Hope all is well!

Sincerely,
Amanda Lassoued

I fully understand your situation. Let's meet for a coffee sometimes in La Marsa. It's a very nice place to be and has lots of great coffee shops and restaurants. So, leave the walls and meet for coffee and chat soon. Cheer up, Ahmed :top: