English teacher moving to Russia

Hello everyone,

I'm from Brazil and I'm moving to Russia in order to teach English and learn the Russian language. Since I love traveling, visiting nice places and meeting new people will be a fantastic extra!

What I would like to know, in fact, is how much money (USD) would be considered enough to lead a decent life. By decent I mean being able to live, eat and eventually go out for a beer or so.

I appreciate any input!

-Alan Dantas

Hello Alan Dantas and welcome on board Expat.com

Do you know in which part of Russia will you be?

You may check out threads in our Cost of Living in Russia section of the forum to gather some infos of everyday expense and cost of living there.

This thread amongst others will help : Cost of living in Russia – 2015

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hello Alan,
when exactly will you be landing in Russia?
What city are you planning to live in?

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Daniel! Thanks for your answer!

I plan to leave Brazil in May and be in Moscow not later than mid June.

Again, I appreciate it!

Cheers,
Alan

Dear Kenjee, the links you sent are certainly of great help! I greatly appreciate your support, my friend!

Cheers,

Alan

Ok, so let me know when you arrive and I can guide you here.
btw: I am teaching Spanish here :-)
I also speak Portuguese and English.

cheers
Daniel.

Daniel, that's awesome!

I'll certainly do so! Thanks a lot for the gesture :-)

Thread moved to Moscow section of the forum :top:

Hello,   It depends where you want to teach.  If you live in Moscow it will be more expensive.  Why not come to Novosibirsk.  You can rent a flat for 20,000 roubles a month, so if you worked for not less than 600 roubles per hour you could do that.  If you worked in Moscow, you could earn more, so it is relative.  If you lived with a family, you could live very well.

Hey Alan!

Hope Moscow will be very welcoming for you!
Do you speak some Russian already or are you going to start a course here?
You might have got this link already: vk.com, it is a Russian social network you may use to meet other expats, to find students for your classes or to find an apartment (for the latter however the language is probably a must). You can find two groups of expats in Moscow under the following links m.vk.com/workinrussiavk and m.vk.com/moscowexpats. Hope you'll find it useful.
Feel free to contact me about anything in future :)

Daria, thank you so much!! I heard of vk but I never paid proper attention to it.
I'm currently studying basic Russian and one of my objectives is to communicate well.

again, thank you!!