How many days off can i excpet to take per year?

Hi,

I've been told there is a max of 24 days of holidays you can have as a employer in Qatar + 3 national holidays?

Can someone tell me how this actually works in Qatar? Is there a max of days of holiday you can take or is it something you agree on in the contract? what is the minimum and average?

And only 3 national holidays? that seems very little. In Belgium we have 10 of them :)

Looking forward to read your replies

J

question them.. are you entitled for 10 days eid and 10 days ramdan holidays annually. 10-10 days for ministry employees and some of the private sectors 5 eid -5 ramdan days.). This is not included in the annual vacation

I have 30 days off in a year. If you can negotiate then negotiate and get more leaves written in the contract which you would need for spending time with family back home.

Thank you. That is what I want as well. So it is possible to ask for 30 days and on top of that having the national holidays

I think 30 sounds good. Like you say if you fly home maybe twice a year at least you have a reasonable amount of days to spent with the family :)

The minimum days off by law:
Three weeks annual vacation (Private sector is giving 30 calendar days as standard).
Official Holidays:
- 6 working days for Al-Fitr and Al-Adha Holidays
- 1 day for Qatar National Day
- 1 day for Qatar National Sports Day
- in addition to 3 working days, date to be decided by the employer.