New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Austria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Austria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hi , i'm George from Egypt , i'm studying civil engineering is ASU universtiy , looking forward to find an internship opportunity in Austria to have great experience and to develop my skills .

Hi all,

I'm Binh, from Vietnam. I come to Graz in Austria to work. I join the forum to find more information and real life experience in Austria so we can enrich our expat life. Of course, in return I would share our own experiences.

I look forward to exchange with you more in this forum.

Best regards,
Binh

Hi there!

I am brand new to Austria and to this forum. I've been living here for almost a month and I moved here from Bucharest  to live with my boyfriend. Things are looking dim so far. I am still unable to utter a full sentence in German despite my efforts to take up the language a few months before I came here. Job prospects are also gloomy and to top things off, I have absolutely no friends or acquaintances here other than said boyfriend.

So, is anyone up for a walk in the glorious Viennese parks or other leisurely activities that do not involve money being spent? I promise not to be very depressing.  ;)

Oh, I am also quite willing and able to provide English lessons and/or conversation in exchange for German! I am a trained English translator and I have the credentials to prove it.  :cool:

Come on, don't be shy!  :heart:

Hi all,
My name is Gavin and I am an english speaker from Ireland. My girlfriend is from Austria and I plan on making the big move to Vienna this summer. I am a carpenter by trade and also a trained Architectural Technologist. I have been studying German for the past few months and feel I am making some good progress. If anybone has any ideas about obtaining work in the construction industry they would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks, Gavin.

Hi We are a semi-retired couple that have made the big move to live in Austria permanently. We are in Carinthia. We have some lovely friends here but would like to meet more new people. We are learning German and seem to know enough to get by. We are in the process of registering our Uk car..which is turning out to be a nightmare. Would like to share settling in experiences with other people. Please get in touch .

i m haris from pakistan i applying study in austria

Jonesy50 wrote:

Hi We are a semi-retired couple that have made the big move to live in Austria permanently. We are in Carinthia. We have some lovely friends here but would like to meet more new people. We are learning German and seem to know enough to get by. We are in the process of registering our Uk car..which is turning out to be a nightmare. Would like to share settling in experiences with other people. Please get in touch .

Hey there and Welcome to Austria

How far are you with your car...... ? Personally I would not bother in all the paper work, the cost just goes silly. Sell it and buy over here in Austria.

Simon

Thank you for your reply...I think we are at the point of no return now...just in process of getting the Nova Tax paid...its all so complicated !

Hi Everyone

I am wanting to emigrate to Vienna Austria soon, I am applying for work.  I am a Native English Speaker doing my TEFL Course.  I am coming to Vienna for a holiday in December with my daughter.  Hope to make friends and find a job.  I am Christian...keep it clean.  God bless Yolanda

Hello everyone, I'm Kim. I've been to Vienna several times and it's my favorite place on this earth.  :)   My husband and I are hoping to retire there but are concerned about the high cost of health insurance and if we would be able to afford it. We don't fully understand the residency requirements and have been doing a lot of online research, but wind up more confused and with more questions... Would anyone here know how expats on a budget can retire to Vienna? What exactly are the Austrian laws regarding residency and health insurance? Many thanks!

Hello room,

Am Jojo from Nigeria. I have the natural talent of organizing both men and material resources towards achieving underlined goals..

kyaruss wrote:

. Would anyone here know how expats on a budget can retire to Vienna? What exactly are the Austrian laws regarding residency and health insurance? Many thanks!

You cab ask at the Expat Center, drop them a line Vienna Expat Center

Government‘s official information website on migration to Austria!

Hey there :)
My name is ahmed i just moved from yemen to austria , vienna iam looking Forward to meet new friends here
Can speak english and a lil lil lil bite german

Molhi wrote:

Hey there :)
My name is ahmed i just moved from yemen to austria , vienna iam looking Forward to meet new friends here
Can speak english and a lil lil lil bite german

Welcome to Vienna and Austria

Hello,
I am Alireza from Iran.
I and my wife work together here and have International Montessori Diploma for 3-6 years children and 7 years experience.
we want move to Astoria .we wish to find good job .
Tank you,
Alireza

Hi all! :)
I lived in several Scandinavian countries and, recently, I came to Vienna, Austria.
Still learning German ...

Neubau wrote:

Hi all! :)
I lived in several Scandinavian countries and, recently, I came to Vienna, Austria.
Still learning German ...

Hey Welcome to Vienna and Austria

If I can help I will, drop me a line. I don't charge or bite..

Simon

Hi Everyone!
I am Tamojit from Mumbai, India and have accepted an offer from the Diplomatic Academy,Vienna for Masters in International Studies. I will be moving to Vienna in September of this year and look forward to making new friends and getting to know the culture there.
So a bit about myself - I am a law graduate and I love travelling,reading fiction and listening to music across genres. I am also a foodie and enjoy exploring different cultures around the world. I have just started learning German and I am enjoying the experience :)
I was hoping if you could guide me a little. Would you mind sharing your experience of moving there and things you kept in mind while making the shift?

Thank You and hope to see the Imperial city and it's people soon enough :) Have a great day!

My name is Hassan from Islamabad Pakistan.i am govt employee and interested to work in Austria vianna in govt sector permanently. And migrated in Austria forever kindly helpfull advice as required your end.plz plz I want to permanently migrate in Austria.age is 30 years old.thanks.

Car all sorted...turned out to be very inexpensive...quite surprised,
the Nova tax was only a few hundred euros. Bet Wishes.

Hey,

My name is Janina and I'm 23 years old. I'm originally from upper Austria, but I moved to Vienna about 5 years ago to study here. I'm studying English, Psychology and Philosophy to become a teacher. I love traveling, listening to music, watching movies and sports. I love speaking English and I would like to improve my skills further. Also, I would like to make new friends to hang out with, chatting or just to grab a coffee. I would like to get to know some Americans, becase unfortunately I haven't met any yet at University.

Hello dear. Am Ernest Arthur and I went to be your friend. Please

Hello dear Austrian forum members,
    I came from Ethiopia ,i have a sociology and social anthropology from ethiopia and now i am living in wiener neustadt austria.I want to make one proffession like nursing and i do not know where to start to learn and i do not have money too to learn , and if there is any way i can start the nursing and if u can advise me what to do i will be verry happy.Thank you so much.

My name is Nadim sarker.I am a village doctor.I want to go Austria for change my life.

Hello
I'm Iggy it's nice to meet you
I recently moved to Vienna and I'm looking to meet people
I came here from Bosnia although I've been on the move my entire life and now it's Austria's turn, I plan on going to college as soon as I learn enough german to do so. 
Anyone who'd liklike to hang out just message me I'm available most of the time

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Kuldeep and I am from India (Rajasthan). I moved to Vienna, Austria last year to do my doctoral studies at University of Vienna. I love Vienna very much and it's a great city and The beautiful country Austria indeed. I have been to couple of places in Vienna by my own. I still have to explore lot of things in Vienna. I don't have friends here with whom I can roam with and explore the city. I appreciate if some one could give a company of insight visit of city with historical, and cultural perspective. I would prefer to take long walk (like Sigmund freud) to explore the city, and outskirts on weekends (samstag und sonnstag :)). If some one is relatively newer than me ( I am more than a year now), then I know bit of places, in that case I  can also help you to give a topological view of city and places. so, Don't hesitate to write me. :)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495009

Thanks!

Closed